TPMS: 2023 not read by 2021?

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I have a pre 6/21 build 2021. I put on 2023 392 XR take off wheels with the new TPMS design. JL now says no sensors detected. Is there anything I can do to get the 2021 to read the new style sensors, or am I stuck with needing to get the sensors swapped over?

Thanks in advance!

3527FF62-8001-4D84-B64E-9061A5C370C9.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
They updated the sensors recently, I dont have the actual date but I remember seeing a thread about it within the last couple months.

OP
OP

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
They updated the sensors recently, I dont have the actual date but I remember seeing a thread about it within the last couple months.
You have to swap the sensors. Sensors were changed mid JUN21, and they are not compatible.
Thank you both. So, if I buy new sensors, assuming they're the correct ones, I won't have any issues with them auto-syncing, right? Trying to save the hassle of lugging 5 wheels to the mechanic ..

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thank you both. So, if I buy new sensors, assuming they're the correct ones, I won't have any issues with them auto-syncing, right? Trying to save the hassle of lugging 5 wheels to the mechanic ..
@mjaga
@Goin2drt

Go to www.tpmsbargains.com and message them. Their support will help you. The TPMS's they sell are fresh stock, non counterfeit and their support is top notch. I only get TPMS from them. I know buying on eBAY and such can be a crap shoot.

6/5/21 they changed from Schrader 29093 to Continental sensors
If your 2021 was built BEFORE 6/5/21 you need the Schrader sensors. If AFTER then you need the Continental sensor.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@mjaga

Buy the correct TPMS and have the current ones removed from your wheels and the new TPMS installed.

Do sell the removed TPMS's here on the forum classfied's as they are worth quite a bit of money..

Assuming you have take offs with TPMS's in them that will indeed work with your JL...

You would want to do the following ...

Make sure the Psi on all 4, on the ground tires are set to exactly what the the door placard recommends. Then go for a ride... Hopefully, all will display after a mile or so.. AFTER all TPMS's are reading you can change the psi on tires.

If that is a no go..... try -->Often the spare tire messes things up so remove the spare, leave it in the garage and with the PSI's all set as per the door placard, go drive for a few minutes. Once all displays properly, put the spare back on the spare holder.

Also try: --> the current thought by most TPMS retailers/vendors, that IF you have one or more sensors not reading on a say a JL/JLU/JT, you deflate all tires to 12# below the recommended tire pressure, driver's side door sticker that tells you recommended tire psi. Now, after they are deflated you drive say a half mile. Now, you inflate to to +- 1# psi, of the recommended psi on the driver's side door sticker and go for a mile drive.. This scenario/routine is suppose to wake up the sensors, so to speak and get them reading...