Sponsored

Toyota FT-AC Concept Off-Roader teased

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Looks like Toyota is showing a new "off-road" concept at LA show called the FT-AC. Hopefully it's not as much of a joke as the FT-4X they showed at the NY Show earlier this year.

Toyota_FTAC_Concept_Teaser_2AB45D79C66E24461F60006E9AE3B1DAC3B8F00E.jpg

from Autoblog

Ahead of this year's L.A. Auto Show, Toyota has released a teaser image and a name for its latest concept. It's called the FT-AC, which stands for "Future Toyota Adventure Concept." That name alone implies something rugged and off-road-ready, and what we can tell from the image confirms it.

We can see that the truck has big, chunky plastic fender flares and thick roof rails. At the top of the windshield are auxiliary off-road lights that complement the big LED fog lights in the bumper. The bits of sheetmetal we can see also look angled with simple lines to emphasize toughness.

We can't tell much else from the teaser, but we think that this concept is also an indication that Toyota is very interested in launching a new off-roader of some sort. This comes from the fact that we already saw another chunky, dirt-road friendly Toyota concept with the FT designation at the New York show, in the form of the FT-4X.

It will be interesting to see what size this FT-AC is. If it's similarly sized to the compact FT-4X, it could be that Toyota is figuring out what styling and features people want most for a future crossover or SUV. We'll know more about this new concept when it is fully revealed on Nov. 30.
Sponsored

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Al-Murabaa.net - Toyota has released a test image of a test vehicle called the FT-AC in preparation for its launch at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show scheduled for November 27.

The Japanese automaker did not mention any further details, but we can see that the FT-AC, which is the abbreviation of the future Toyota Adventure Concept, Toyota's concept of the adventurous future, will be a kind of powerful off-road vehicle, as evidenced by its LED lights with its roof and fender.

1-63.jpg

We do not know if the new Toyota Advance is a pickup or SUV, and when we compared it to Land Cruiser, Tacoma and Hilux we could not get to know the details.

We know that Toyota is developing updated versions of the 4Runner, Sequoia and Tundra, so this test car may give us an overview of the changes that will take place in their design.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I apologize to everyone for repeating the subject.
The important question is whether this ambiguity and surprise in favor of the product or leaks about the product is a better policy?

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
I think ambiguity is fine if the launch is soon but if it's a while away folks forget about it. Controlled leaks are a great way to keep building anticipation towards a launch, especially one that's a way off.

I agree with the "" around "off road" in the original post. This looks in no way anything near an actual off road vehicle. Maybe it can handle sand at the beach but it looks to me like a small SUV with some big tires and some visual cues to make it less pedestrian than the RAV4. I'm sure it'll be decked out with the latest electronics to please the millenials. Maybe there will be a hands-free tweet while driving feature. Social...demented and sad, but social.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
This concept will likely come to life as a Rav4. They’re doing this nonsense to steal JL’s buzz. Show me an updated 4 Runner and I’ll be interested.

Sponsored

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
They seem to be the size of Rav4 or something like that

p_685lxddl1.jpg

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Probably more of a competitor to the Cherokee Trailhawk or possibly the Grand Cherokee

Sponsored