TOYO TIRE OPEN COUNTRY A/T III (315/70/17) Reviews?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Thanks Brad! And all this time I thought Harleys, Porsches, & Corvettes were expensive to customize 😂
It never ends!

Advertisement

InvertedLogic

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I sent a customer service request on their site on Monday, and haven't heard back. Tried calling and they're closed till next Monday. I will be beyond the 500mi "trial period" before they're back in the office, but hopefully they make it right. I noticed in the fine print that the "trial period" does not apply to tires purchased online. Convenient when they're on national backorder everywhere but online.

I am thinking the noise might just be the 1/4 bad tire. We'll see on Monday if they're willing to send me a new one.
Following up on this. I finally spoke to the right person at SimpleTire that was willing to send me a new tire and deal with the Toyo warranty side for me. So nearly 2mo later, I got the new tire in and it's all sorted. Much better ride and much better road noise compared to having one crappy tire. I now have a ~2700mi delta on one tire, but I'm not too worried about it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Following up on this. I finally spoke to the right person at SimpleTire that was willing to send me a new tire and deal with the Toyo warranty side for me. So nearly 2mo later, I got the new tire in and it's all sorted. Much better ride and much better road noise compared to having one crappy tire. I now have a ~2700mi delta on one tire, but I'm not too worried about it.
Nice to hear they took care of you and you're back to a good place. Get out the belt sander and start grinding that new tire down :LOL:

Black Jeep Convertible

Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
After driving the AT3’s for a couple weeks, I have to say that high speed dry traction is EXCELLENT, even in freezing temps the lateral grip is far beyond what I’m comfortable with. I’d give wet traction an A as well.

Last edited:

Rlhdude

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Limited Willys
The springs and control arms are installed. Now the measurement is like 39 3/4". A gain of just under 3" of lift. I like the look and feel the way it is. The spare rubs pretty badly on the rear bumper so I've got a relocation kit coming. Also added the steps. They work and look great.

willys_nerf.jpg
HI Mark, Looks great... do you get any rub at full turn on the control arms? Thanks

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Website
redstoneglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I've got 5 new A/T III tires headed my way. Went up a bit in size to a 285/75R17 from the 255/75R17 Firestone Destination M/T 2 tires that came on the rig. Those MT tires are not so great in the sands of the Arizona desert.

I've run Toyo AT, Toyo MT, BFG KO2 & Nitto Ridge Grappler tires on my Ram trucks and really felt the best value was the Toyo tires.

Looking forward to getting them on!

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Snazzberry Rubicon (On Order)
Would never spend more than $7 on a toyo tire. Thanks walmart 🤣 !!!

TP1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Looks like these are out of stock nationwide. Damn.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Looks like these are out of stock nationwide. Damn.
Simpletire.com shows them in stock, I ordered them yesterday and they are supposed to be at my door on Friday

TP1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Simpletire.com shows them in stock, I ordered them yesterday and they are supposed to be at my door on Friday
Saw that and looked a bit further into it and the ones on simpletire.com are Load D.

I don't know if it makes that big of a difference or not.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Saw that and looked a bit further into it and the ones on simpletire.com are Load D.

I don't know if it makes that big of a difference or not.
The 315/70/17 is D, the 35/12.5/17 is E and I think the 35/11.5/17 are C

TP1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
The 315/70/17 is D, the 35/12.5/17 is E and I think the 35/11.5/17 are C
On simple tire, yes.

Discount and other retailers had the 315/70 in a load C and what’s out of stock and on National backorder.

Advertisement

D&C Designs

Advertisement