Toyo open country mt or Mastercraft courser mxt

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
deciding between these two tires for 80% on 20% off road (in the same size). Anyone with experience with both?
Very interested in performance differences and tread life difference. Is the Toyo worth the extra 9lb per tire?
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
deciding between these two tires for 80% on 20% off road (in the same size). Anyone with experience with both?
Very interested in performance differences and tread life difference. Is the Toyo worth the extra 9lb per tire?
Toyo is a much heavier tire and costs more. Not sure the extra cost and weight is worth it. Mastercraft is made by Cooper. I'm very happy with my MXTs. They are surprisingly quiet for a mud terrain. I have no Off Road experience to comment on at this time. Seems like plenty of JL owners have had the same experience as I have thus far and several are repeat customers.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I had the MXT in 37x12.50r17 on a previous JK. I liked them. They were very quiet, stayed balanced, smooth pavement ride, and did well offroad. They weren't great in winter conditions but neither of these tires will be.
Sponsored