Sponsored

Toyo Open Country C Load 35's or something similar?

HeatherGummer

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon-Punk'n Metallic
Just checking in. How are the MTs doing? Impressions? TIA for any feedback.
They've been pretty impressive. Not loud, the only time you can hear a growl is when you make a sharp turn under acceleration...it sounds like a bear. Traction and stopping in rain is excellent, although still pretty new. Mileage is great, no drop in MPG, likely due to the low weight (52lbs listed, i think another user showed 56 on a scale).
I'll report back once we get our 1st Indiana snow.
Sponsored

HeatherGummer

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon-Punk'n Metallic
One other quick note i didn't mention, it does pick up stones and retains them, you can see them ground down in the pic. They're a little larger than those picked up on the OEM BFGs. Still, depending on winter performance and long term wear i'll likely buy again to replace.

20220827_130750.jpg

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Hey everyone - I’ve been back and forth on 33’s/35’s for my drivetrain (‘21 Sahara with 2.0t, 3.45 gearing, 8 speed auto), and since I’m worried about the extra strain most 35’s would put on the drivetrain I’ve been hoping to find a C load 34 or 35

Toyo seems to have C load 35’s which was surprising to me; anyone have experience with these? Or any other recommendations for lighter 34/35 tires? They seem much harder to find
I went with the 285/75/17 Toyo AT3’s. 33.8 or .9 Load range C. (The 34./10.50/17 measure in at 33.5”)
Just put them on yesterday and waiting for the side walls to break in a bit. But, so far they are still riding nice, and much more quiet than the Pats I had on.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
One other quick note i didn't mention, it does pick up stones and retains them, you can see them ground down in the pic. They're a little larger than those picked up on the OEM BFGs. Still, depending on winter performance and long term wear i'll likely buy again to replace.

Jeep Wrangler JL Toyo Open Country C Load 35's or something similar? 20220827_130750
Lol yep very familiar with stone issues here. Nothing more fun than K02s on a heavy diesel truck to really fling them.

Thanks much for the feedback.
Sponsored