First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I would just pull it. Back in the 80's we pulled ours with Subaru BRAT which is a lot lighter weight then your Jeep. Never had a problem and sleds were a lot heavier back then. Just take it easy and you'll be fine.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SportE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Sport, Audi S3, 2Dr Rubicon
Thanks. I live on a pass that is very steep and we get 300-350 inches a year up here in Killington Vermont. The good news is that we have 4,700 mi of the VAST trails. The closest trail to me is only 3 miles. It just occurred to me that I can borrow a beater Toyota Van from my friend and tow it with that in bad weather. I will have to put a hitch on it for $500 but he will appreciate it. I think I will get the TC128 and go slow.

OP
OP

SportE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as the new sled

Jeep Wrangler JL Towing snowmobiles with a 2 door 1606170897106

OP
OP

SportE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very subtle

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
The towing limits are conservative, with a limit of 2000 lbs. nowhere in that limit does it state don't drive up a hill or don't drive down a hill or don't tow in the snow. The vehicle is meant to tow up and down the road. I used to pull two 660 Yamaha grizzlies and a generator behind a two door over all types of terrain in all types of weather, it is how you drive not what you tow. You are below or at the limit I would not hesitate.

Sponsored

Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
The towing limits are conservative, with a limit of 2000 lbs. nowhere in that limit does it state don't drive up a hill or don't drive down a hill or don't tow in the snow. The vehicle is meant to tow up and down the road. I used to pull two 660 Yamaha grizzlies and a generator behind a two door over all types of terrain in all types of weather, it is how you drive not what you tow. You are below or at the limit I would not hesitate.
This guy gets it. They don't set the tow ratings for 60 degrees. No wind. Table flat towing conditions.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
This guy gets it. They don't set the tow ratings for 60 degrees. No wind. Table flat towing conditions.
I am willing to go hell bent for leather at 70 or 80 MPH across snow fields or through the woods at night on a snow mobile but worry about my jeeps ability to get a 2K load to the woods

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am willing to go hell bent for leather at 70 or 80 MPH across snow fields or through the woods at night on a snow mobile but worry about my jeeps ability to get a 2K load to the woods
70 or 80 mph. boring. In the UP, there is places that you can run at 120+ for many miles.
Sponsored