Towing not recommended with 2021 4xe??

Aarez721

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler 4xe
Does anyone have insight, or been told this? I called the dealership, where I bought my Wranger, to see about getting a tow hitch installed. She could find the bar available but not wiring. After calling the supplier she called me back to say they don't recommend towing with the hybrid???? As I look online I see things that the vehicle is rated for 3500 lb towing. I have a small kayak trailer with a 12 ft kayak. The whole unit together is probably 300-400 lbs.

I checked the user manual and, so far, haven't seen anything about not towing either.
Sponsored

mikegil

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Sounds like BS to meā€¦this thing could pull an Oak tree out of the ground. Besides, itā€˜s available from the factory with the Tow Group so???

Malifestro

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
You'll be fine. I did some yard maintenance and towed this around like it wasn't even there. Once you get yours sorted out it will do just fine.

20220310_160929.jpg

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
It sounds to me like maybe the dealer was thinking that you were flat towing the 4xe not towing with the 4xe?

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Does anyone have insight, or been told this? I called the dealership, where I bought my Wranger, to see about getting a tow hitch installed. She could find the bar available but not wiring. After calling the supplier she called me back to say they don't recommend towing with the hybrid???? As I look online I see things that the vehicle is rated for 3500 lb towing. I have a small kayak trailer with a 12 ft kayak. The whole unit together is probably 300-400 lbs.

I checked the user manual and, so far, haven't seen anything about not towing either.
I have a factory installed tow package so.....either they misunderstood the request or you are being told something that isn't true

Sponsored

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
It sounds to me like maybe the dealer was thinking that you were flat towing the 4xe not towing with the 4xe?
Which they should also be able to explain how to do and works just fine. Sounds like the dealer couldn't figure out what to sell OP, so they decided that the Jeep just can't do it...I've heard of dealers not knowing how to order and install their own tow packages after the fact...that may be the case here

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
I think I might find another dealer. If they canā€™t get this right, I wonder how their repair service is.

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
I would also recommend finding a more knowledgeable dealer. Cannot imagine how bad they would mess up the install if they found the tow bar and wiring kit for you.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Dealer is ignorant.

does not matter if they thought the OP was asking about flat towing, as that is just fine with the 4xe.

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Whatā€™s really scary is these people work on your Jeep.
Sponsored