Towing Little Guy Mini Max with a 2021 4 door Wrangler Rubicon

Cloud9

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 05
The first issue you are going to come up against is the fact that the spare tire will not let you hook up your Mini Max because of the tongue hitch jack handle. The solution is to pop the cover on the jack. Punch out the pin holding the spider gear in place and reverse the handle so that it points to the battery box on the trailer. You can make bushings out of copper tubing to properly position the spider gear front and back. Once you get the lengths right put the bushings in place and pop the top back on. The next thing you are going to come up against is the right height for the trailer ball. The two inch ball should drop down four inches for a level hook up. The final issue will be the electronic brakes on your trailer. If you ordered the tow package, your jeep is already prewired for towing. You will need a electronic brake controller to complete the project. The Mopar controller for the wrangler fits beside the steering column. The control button replaces the dc power outlet on the dash. It is a bit of a pain to put in. Be sure all the plugs are all the way in. I'm going to be pulling my Mini Max from central Florida to the Blue Ridge in about 3 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes. This is the trailer.

Sponsored