Sponsored

Towing baseplate for flat towing JL behind motorhome?

Hawg187

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude eco diesel
I’m looking for a tow baseplate to tow my 2021 JLU behind my motorhome. Any experiences? Did you install yourself? I’m hoping to replace my front bumper at the same time, anyone do that?
Sponsored

JDBoss

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '20 F350 6.7L Tremor
Occupation
"Quiet Professional" (ret)
Following this.... We ordered the JCR Crusader mid-width bumper and intend to use the Roadmaster d-ring adapters (thus no baseplate in theory) and one of their towbars. Since we don't have the parts yet (January!)..... can't tell you how it'll work. Looking forward to hearing of others experiences.

OP
OP

Hawg187

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Following this.... We ordered the JCR Crusader mid-width bumper and intend to use the Roadmaster d-ring adapters (thus no baseplate in theory) and one of their towbars. Since we don't have the parts yet (January!)..... can't tell you how it'll work. Looking forward to hearing of others experiences.
That was my plan too but my motorhome is very low compared to the JLU. I’m afraid the angle may cause a problem. The baseplate is at least 6 inches below D rings. I’m looking for some real world experience.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)

Sponsored

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking for a tow baseplate to tow my 2021 JLU behind my motorhome. Any experiences? Did you install yourself? I’m hoping to replace my front bumper at the same time, anyone do that?
I have 2dr Rubicon with steel bumpers I use BlueOx to flat tow behind RV Great system in use for three years and 10000 miles of towing no problems

69BA0D99-AA6F-493C-B1C1-D477922E9878.jpeg

OP
OP

Hawg187

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Last two I used the Blue Ox base plate, installed by RV dealer. On this one I installed the Maximus 3 tow loops. I thought it was an easy install. I'm using the Blue Ox tow bar I had but it does require buying new ends. In total is a bit less than the Blue Ox base plate and it doesn't hang down.

20191128_103135.jpg

20200607_100313.jpg

jmelgin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
I installed the Maximus 3 tow loops on my 2dr Rubi and love them. Towed behind our '21 Winnebago View flawlessly.

Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Did you leave your stock bumper?
I did. Mopar steel bumber in my case. Minor alterations required accomplished with a hole saw and angle grinder.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I also went with the Maximus 3 loops & really like them. I've had Demco and Blue Ox base plates on previous toads & IMO the tow loops are even more robust. The install was very easy (even for me) as I'm below average in the wrench department. I have the plastic sport bumper so bumper and air dam required trimming. I'm towing with Ready Brute Elite w/steel clevis's. The clevis's are also very robust.