First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’ve pulled 5x8 utility trailer with motorcycles and farm implements behind my JL a number of times with zero issues. Weight has ran 1500-2300 lbs. Towed it fine and temps were good. Small frontal area though..
Slantnose, I assume... I wonder if anybody could vouch the same for a 6x12 Enclosed, which I desire to have as my Toy Hauler for the Racetrack....
Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Slantnose, I assume... I wonder if anybody could vouch the same for a 6x12 Enclosed, which I desire to have as my Toy Hauler for the Racetrack....
Mine was an open trailer. Frontal area can make a big difference. If you’re anywhere over 2500 lbs I’d want brakes on the trailer as well.

OP
OP

PunksJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Well my concerns about the cooling capability of the 2.0 turbo are gone. I recently pulled a 5' x 8' U-Haul trailer over the Rockies from Colorado Springs to Burning Man (near Reno Nevada) and back without issue. I didn't weigh but I'm guessing I was around 2,200 to 2,500 lbs. in the trailer and 4 passengers in the Wrangler. My route was mostly Interstate 80 which has many long grades over the continental divide and several steep long passes including the Salt Lake City to Park City westbound grade which is long and steep. Ambient temperatures were in the upper 90's through most of Utah and Nevada. I did see a brief rise in engine temperature on the SLC to Park City pull but the JL stock fan brought the temperature down quickly.

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Well my concerns about the cooling capability of the 2.0 turbo are gone. I recently pulled a 5' x 8' U-Haul trailer over the Rockies from Colorado Springs to Burning Man (near Reno Nevada) and back without issue. I didn't weigh but I'm guessing I was around 2,200 to 2,500 lbs. in the trailer and 4 passengers in the Wrangler. My route was mostly Interstate 80 which has many long grades over the continental divide and several steep long passes including the Salt Lake City to Park City westbound grade which is long and steep. Ambient temperatures were in the upper 90's through most of Utah and Nevada. I did see a brief rise in engine temperature on the SLC to Park City pull but the JL stock fan brought the temperature down quickly.
Mind if I ask what were your Engine, Trans, and Oil Temperatures during that Haul?

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
This is good info. Did you use manual mode on the transmission? That would have been my only advice.
Sponsored