whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
@whiterubicon

My Son is NAVY (Lifer with 16 in) and stationed there right now... Yup.. NAVY.....

I know why you have the angst.... you are trying to do the right thing ....

Thank you to your guy/gal for their service...
Thanks to your son - please let him know what I appreciate his service. I can respect Navy - my Dad was a Hospital Corpsman in Vietnam. We make fun of the other service, but deep down there is respect
Sponsored

OP
OP

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
You should double check to see if U-haul will rent you a trailer. They have policies about not renting if you’re vehicle is not rated for the amount of weight you’re towing and their trailers are heavy. I’ve also heard that they won’t rent to soft tops. I think some locations are more strict than others.
Appreciate the information - will make some calls. I have a hardtop - but you never know what each location will say

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Appreciate the information - will make some calls. I have a hardtop - but you never know what each location will say
Pricey, but you could rent a tow vehicle and a dolly or car hauler trailer from UHaul and not even use your JLU.

There are also car transport companies that can transport the Audi for you... They are not to expensive.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Your JLU will almost certainly be over weight limits with a trailer and the Audi. I think I’d go new wheels/tires on the Audi and call it good.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Tow dolly is about 1k lbs, auto transport is over 2k lbs. Add in a 3,500-4,000 lb car and you’re well beyond the towing ability/limit of the Wrangler’s brakes, suspension/axles

You definitely need a different tow vehicle
Sponsored