Sponsored

Tow package or anti slip? Or order a 2019 and wait for both?

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
I want both the anti slip differential and the tow package. I can't seem to find a JLU with both that are in my price range. I can likely get one or the other, but both only seem to come in cars with all kinds of options thrown in that I don't want. I'll be honest, of the two, I'd be leaning towards dropping the anti slip. as much as I like having an LSD, i'm not really thinking about off roading.

The other option is to order a 2019, but that has an estimated delivery date of Dec, 2018. Are these delivery dates accurate?
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I want both the anti slip differential and the tow package. I can't seem to find a JLU with both that are in my price range. I can likely get one or the other, but both only seem to come in cars with all kinds of options thrown in that I don't want. I'll be honest, of the two, I'd be leaning towards dropping the anti slip. as much as I like having an LSD, i'm not really thinking about off roading.

The other option is to order a 2019, but that has an estimated delivery date of Dec, 2018. Are these delivery dates accurate?

You are gonna want both , so special order both . They are both worth the wait .

Your problem will be the Joisey or Noo Yawk dealers . Special order from Koons and be happy .

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
You are gonna want both , so special order both . They are both worth the wait .

Your problem will be the Joisey or Noo Yawk dealers . Special order from Koons and be happy .
yeah, that's what i've been thinking. either i order a jeep under $40k with everything i want or i find a jeep that costs like $45k with a bunch of extra crap.

there is an almost perfect 2018 jeep near Koons though. only has one option i didn't want which is the active safety package.

Richamby

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara born on 5-18; 1999 TJ 2 Dr
I'd get the anti slip, it's what will make your Jeep work better on slippery surfaces, paved or not.

Towing is great but that can be added later, the anti slip would be expensive to add.

I look at it this way, a Jeep is suppose to be able to get to places other vehicles can't.

Trucks tow stuff.

Of course having both, would be great.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
My understanding is that the tow package comes with the aux switches and a better alternator. I wish I had ordered it on mine.

Order the vehicle the way you want it. When the wait is over, you’ll be glad you did.

Sponsored

Richamby

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara born on 5-18; 1999 TJ 2 Dr
I 100% agree with this statement. If you don't get the Jeep the way you want it, you'll regret it. I wish a 1000 times I had the proximity locks and select-trac.

I’m probably going to buy another Jeep exactly like I want it, next year. My saving grace is my wife has converted to loving Jeeps too and wants this one.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I 100% agree with this statement. If you don't get the Jeep the way you want it, you'll regret it. I wish a 1000 times I had the proximity locks and select-trac.

I’m probably going to buy another Jeep exactly like I want it, next year. My saving grace is my wife has converted to loving Jeeps too and wants this one.
Keep your TJ as well .
Sponsored