Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nfltac.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mercedes GL450, 2009 Lexus ES350
Occupation
Business Owner
Hoping to buy my first Jeep this weekend and contemplating several JLUs. For the tow Package, where do the leads for the 4 Aux switches terminate? Are they all right behind the panel, meaning I would still have to do my own wiring, or have they pre-run the leads to various locations? I’m interested in adding lights to the back for camping. Salesman didn’t have a clue. Thanks!!

Scott
Florida
Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping to buy my first Jeep this weekend and contemplating several JLUs. For the tow Package, where do the leads for the 4 Aux switches terminate? Are they all right behind the panel, meaning I would still have to do my own wiring, or have they pre-run the leads to various locations? I’m interested in adding lights to the back for camping. Salesman didn’t have a clue. Thanks!!

Scott
Florida
See here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...cable-color-code-wiring-identification.13026/

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Flyhoovers

You need to do your homework on this.. Lots of pertinent info regarding this on the forum.

Based on what you said in your post... I will tell you point blank that you will absolutely regret not getting the tow package if you decide not to get it.

Not getting the tow package and regretting same, is echoed over and over in the forum threads...

The leads are duplicated / found in two places. By the main battery and in the passenger foot well!
Getting power to the back of the JL is very easy to do, especially with the aux switches..

OP
OP
Flyhoovers

Flyhoovers

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nfltac.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mercedes GL450, 2009 Lexus ES350
Occupation
Business Owner
Searched for “Aux Switch wiring”, read everything that came up, question wasn’t answered. Posted question. Apparently your search-fu is better than mine.