Sponsored

Touch-up paint for steel bumpers and Mopar rock sliders?

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Does anyone have a paint code or after market paint brand and color to touch up the factory steel bumpers?
same question for the Mopar rock sliders.
The Mopar rock sliders are almost a bed liner type material. And the steel bumper seams to have a light texture.
both have been scraped to the metal and I would like to get them protected without complete repaint.

thank you.
Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Does anyone have a paint code or after market paint brand and color to touch up the factory steel bumpers?
same question for the Mopar rock sliders.
The Mopar rock sliders are almost a bed liner type material. And the steel bumper seams to have a light texture.
both have been scraped to the metal and I would like to get them protected without complete repaint.

thank you.
For your bumper:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...teel-bumper-front-skid-perf-rock-rails.87231/

The bedliner mentioned in the linked thread may be close, but I have no experience with it..

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I used the rustoleum truck bed coating spray and I would say that it's an exact match. It was a small area on the bottom area of the bumper by the exhaust, but I can't even tell it's there anymore.

dandrade83

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys

Sponsored

dandrade83

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used the rustoleum truck bed coating spray and I would say that it's an exact match. It was a small area on the bottom area of the bumper by the exhaust, but I can't even tell it's there anymore.
That sounds awesome! Which can did you use? Was it this one?

F3524913-3B9F-4FB4-BA59-2C6DE3A8F847.png

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hey there @TroyBoy have you used this product? How did it turn out?

I’m about to install some MOPAR Steel bumpers and they are a little beat up. I’m probably going to have to paint the whole bumpers. I’m trying to find the right product. If you used it, how did it turn out?

thanks!
@dandrade83

Used by many. Apply multiple light coats. End result you see is similar to factory.

Great for touch-up also. With the Bedliner Spray, you can even spray into a plastic dish/cap and then use a sponge brush or wherever to apply neatly where needed... (IF the scuff/scratch is deep, do multiple light coats)

Jeep Wrangler JL Touch-up paint for steel bumpers and Mopar rock sliders? Z1KA-ufo5oy.JPG

dandrade83

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@dandrade83

Used by many. Apply multiple light coats. End result you see is similar to factory.

Great for touch-up also. With the Bedliner Spray, you can even spray into a plastic dish/cap and then use a sponge brush or wherever to apply neatly where needed... (IF the scuff/scratch is deep, do multiple light coats)

Jeep Wrangler JL Touch-up paint for steel bumpers and Mopar rock sliders? Z1KA-ufo5oy.JPG
Thanks for the feedback!

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey there @TroyBoy have you used this product? How did it turn out?

I’m about to install some MOPAR Steel bumpers and they are a little beat up. I’m probably going to have to paint the whole bumpers. I’m trying to find the right product. If you used it, how did it turn out?

thanks!
I use the spray paint all the time. It’s an amazing match to my bumpers and sliders. i don’t have mopar bumpers any more but I believe when I did, it matched very well.

dandrade83

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a bunch for the feedback @TroyBoy

I did a small area on the used bumper I bought and it blended in well. I’ll have to send some areas down, but it should look great!
Sponsored