• Total voters

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
He was speeding away from running a bus stop with kids + on his phone delivering Amazon packages out of his own car.
Dang! Hopefully you both aren't insured by Geico.
Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not too sure about him but I am and so far they have been super good to me
Since it isn't your fault they will be good to you. If he is covered by them or if he isn't insured, look out! They don't like taking money from themself. I am surprised that you haven't been working with his insurance from day 1. They are the ones that should be giving you the payout quote and requesting where to get the repair estimate from.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
He was speeding away from running a bus stop with kids + on his phone delivering Amazon packages out of his own car.
So are you on the hook for the remaining loan balance or is your insurance company going after his for it?

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
He was using his personal car for business use...excluded act and maybe no coverage. I didn't read all of the replies, but best to go through your own insurance and have them subrogate if they can. It's a bit more of a pain on your end (deductible), but you don't have to wait for his insurance carrier to determine coverage/liability. Hopefully all works out as it should.

OP
OP
Alyssa s

Alyssa s

First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep wrangler
Since it isn't your fault they will be good to you. If he is covered by them or if he isn't insured, look out! They don't like taking money from themself. I am surprised that you haven't been working with his insurance from day 1. They are the ones that should be giving you the payout quote and requesting where to get the repair estimate from.
He didn’t put a claim or anything in until like Saturday I put mine in right away and they were just waiting on him and all his stuff he keeps dragging this out and I think he knows someone in the police department or something because they screwed up the police report badly too. Everything is fishy about this dude and whole situation.

OP
OP
Alyssa s

Alyssa s

First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep wrangler
He was using his personal car for business use...excluded act and maybe no coverage. I didn't read all of the replies, but best to go through your own insurance and have them subrogate if they can. It's a bit more of a pain on your end (deductible), but you don't have to wait for his insurance carrier to determine coverage/liability. Hopefully all works out as it should.
Thank you. It wasn’t even his car too! It was his dad’s.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Permissive use, business use, aye!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

So the “no airbags=no total” myth dies again.
And again, and again, and again.

@Alyssa s Sorry about your Jeep. I hope you are able to get another one quickly.
I wonder if @JLfromCA got upset about being corrected and said something "inappropriate". Apparently he got banned.

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My experience with Geico:

Scenario A: My fault, other person not a Geico customer
Before collecting all of the facts (which later I discovered the accident actually wasn't my fault), Geico cut them checks right and left and doubled my premium for the next few years.

Scenario B: Other person's fault, both of us Geico customers
Other drive was underinsured. Geico used my policy instead of theirs. Instead of finding comparable Wranglers with the same options, Geico found striped down base model Wranglers for the pay out and then added "credits" for the options mine had (i.e. they gave me a $500 credit for my $2,500 auto transmission package, $75 for my $1,465 LED package, $200 for my $995 safety group package, $100 for my $845 tow package, $400 for my $1,625 leather package, $0 for my $1,745 steel bumper package, and $500 for my $1,545 hardtop package.) They gave me $0 for my mods. Overall I lost close to $20,000 (how much extra I had to pay to buy a used Wrangler exactly like the one that was totaled).

Scenario C: Other person's fault, other person not a Geico customer
Geico would not do anything to represent me or help me with my claim with the other company.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
@kah.mun.rah but did you die?

You stayed with Geico longer than I would have. Masochist-much?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Hey everyone so today I got a in car accident and just wanted to know what people think I would be super bummed if it is totaled but im just waiting on to hear back from the shop it’s at. It’s only on one side too. Other side is fine beside driver wheel bent in. Little edit: I just hit 98k that morning and only had it about a year and 3 months. Along with its a 2014 and I’m the second owner and still owe on it.
Another edit- guy knows someone at police station so trying to blame me and play pitty, cops fucked up the report putting me down as him and him down as me. (Going his way him going my way) so far going smooth and easy body shop is wanting to total it but I will be able to pay it all the way over with a little extra. (Safety reasons driving 5hrs to college).
IMG_4069.jpeg
t
IMG_4070.jpeg
And this is just one of the reasons I run a dash cam.
Sponsored