• Total voters

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
okay, so you’re saying your company won’t insure it with the same coverage and you haven’t looked at other companies, I get it.
No, I'm saying I work with insurance companies on totaled vehicles on a regular basis and the coverage is terrible.
Sponsored

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
Thank you I will definitely have to do that. I only Kelly blue booked it and it was worth 12-14k with no damage but with damage it went down to about 10k but I will definitely be looking to show them other options out there. Thank you.
I think that is some real good advice @The Last Cowboy recommended. I wish you the best of luck, I hope it all works out for you.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
No airbags=no total
Not true, my last Jk was totaled and I drove it away. No airbags went off. I did a slow speed nose over roll. We put it back on 4 wheels and I drove it outta there. There were dents on just about every body panel, some very minor and the windshield was crushed in a little bit on the passenger side, but no real bad damage beyond that. Then I added a picture of my new one, cause who doesn’t like to show off their Jeep.
Jeep Wrangler JL Totaled or no? IMG_3559
Jeep Wrangler JL Totaled or no? IMG_3558
Jeep Wrangler JL Totaled or no? IMG_3554
Jeep Wrangler JL Totaled or no? IMG_7451
Jeep Wrangler JL Totaled or no? IMG_3559
Jeep Wrangler JL Totaled or no? IMG_3558
Jeep Wrangler JL Totaled or no? IMG_3554

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Hey everyone so today I got a in car accident and just wanted to know what people think I would be super bummed if it is totaled but im just waiting on to hear back from the shop it’s at. It’s only on one side too. Other side is fine beside driver wheel bent in. Little edit: I just hit 98k that morning and only had it about a year and 3 months. Along with its a 2014 and I’m the second owner and still owe on it.
t
This is pretty much what my JLR looked like after my accident. $27,000 bill but it wasn't totaled.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
@Alyssa s

So it's been a week now, don't leave us hanging here, what's the final resolution; was it totalled out or not?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alyssa s

Alyssa s

First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep wrangler
@Alyssa s

So it's been a week now, don't leave us hanging here, what's the final resolution; was it totalled out or not?
Due to the body shop it’s at they are totaling it because it’s over the price the total for only about 11.2k in damages but I still have 14.2 left over to pay so it’s easier to total then get something else.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Not true, my last Jk was totaled and I drove it away. No airbags went off. I did a slow speed nose over roll. We put it back on 4 wheels and I drove it outta there. There were dents on just about every body panel, some very minor and the windshield was crushed in a little bit on the passenger side, but no real bad damage beyond that. Then I added a picture of my new one, cause who doesn’t like to show off their Jeep.
I've always wondered why people put stingers on their Jeeps. I'm guessing the angle must have been wrong for it to do its job.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
No,
I've always wondered why people put stingers on their Jeeps. I'm guessing the angle must have been wrong for it to do its job.
No, it did it’s job. The winch, engine and radiator were completely undamaged. That’s what it’s designed for. That and taking out minivan rear windows when they stop short for no reason.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Due to the body shop it’s at they are totaling it because it’s over the price the total for only about 11.2k in damages but I still have 14.2 left over to pay so it’s easier to total then get something else.
Drat. Sorry to hear that. Since you also wrote:
Barely can afford to pay it off if it’s only worth 14k. I owe 20 on it still.
Do you by any chance have "gap insurance" which covers the difference between what you owe on a vehicle and what it's worth in the event of it being totalled out?

If not, it's going to suck to pay off a loan on a vehicle that no longer exists. Seek sound financial advice from someone you trust. (NOT someone who's just parroting #ave #amsey's crap.)

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’d love to but I’m a broke college kid. Barely can afford to pay it off if it’s only worth 14k. I owe 20 on it still.
That sucks. I lost close to $25K when my Jeep was totaled.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Here's a question nobody asked. Who was at fault?

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
No airbags=no total
So the “no airbags=no total” myth dies again.
And again, and again, and again.

@Alyssa s Sorry about your Jeep. I hope you are able to get another one quickly.