Totaled my JL

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Last Saturday I swerved around a deer and ran through a fence. Post was cemented in, and insurance has totaled it.
Y’all helped me through the order and wait back in 18, and I thank y’all for that. Thursday I picked up a JT Sport S Max tow off the lot.
Its not the Rubi I special ordered, but it will be about an even swap for insurance money with a little left over for mods. Basically I drove a special ordered vehicle exactly as I wanted it for two years, and it was paid for. Some people never pay one off, or drive exactly what they want, so I’d say I’ve been lucky. This forum helped me a lot, although I’ve been lurking more than posting lately.
Just wanted to thank y’all... I’ll float between the two, but will probably be on the JT forum now a little bit more. Trackme down if I can help with anything.... same user name. BillG
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Well Sorry to hear! But I guess It all worked out and you have a great attitude towards it all...congratz and Best of luck on the JT.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Sorry to hear but glad you are ok. Crazy you had enough to buy a JT and ended up with extra money!. Whats your insurance company? did you have to negotiate with them on the settlement or did they come with a good offer?

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Sorry to hear but glad you are ok. Crazy you had enough to buy a JT and ended up with extra money!. Whats your insurance company? did you have to negotiate with them on the settlement or did they come with a good offer?
Farm bureau.... basically they are giving me about what I paid for it... although I know I got a good deal. It won’t be much extra money, but some.
No real negotiations at all. They gave me an offer, I sent them some receipts for mods, and was really happy with second offer.
It’s not as fancy of a rig as my rubi, but it’s nice and will be paid for.

Sponsored

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Last Saturday I swerved around a deer and ran through a fence. Post was cemented in, and insurance has totaled it.
Y’all helped me through the order and wait back in 18, and I thank y’all for that. Thursday I picked up a JT Sport S Max tow off the lot.
Its not the Rubi I special ordered, but it will be about an even swap for insurance money with a little left over for mods. Basically I drove a special ordered vehicle exactly as I wanted it for two years, and it was paid for. Some people never pay one off, or drive exactly what they want, so I’d say I’ve been lucky. This forum helped me a lot, although I’ve been lurking more than posting lately.
Just wanted to thank y’all... I’ll float between the two, but will probably be on the JT forum now a little bit more. Trackme down if I can help with anything.... same user name. BillG
Glad you’re okay and keeping a positive attitude about the whole thing. Take care and enjoy your JT.

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
Glad you are OK. On the new one, get a better bumper and next time hit the gas! ;-)

Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Damn deer. I smacked one with mine when it was less than a month old. Fortunately I planned to tow the Jeep so I had already put a RockHard aluminum bumper on. Also fortunately the deer went down rather than up and over. I expected a lot of front end damage but had none. Two thumbs up for RockHard. Don't swerve!

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Sheet metal can be replaced.

You? Not so much.

THAT'S what matters.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Glad you’re ok.
after my TJ ARB bullbar survived a deer strike at 70 mph and three accidents, two of which totaled the other vehicle, I’ll be installing the bondi bumper on my JT diesel whenever jeep decides to build it.
id recommend before you begin any mods that you have the aluminum steering box swapped out for the new one.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Yeah, sorry to hear about the JT ;)

Also, if you ran a non-plastic bumper, do you have pics? I'd like to do some safey research. Thanks.
Sponsored