Total NOOB question

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Evening everyone - I spent over an hour searching and could not find a good answer ....

I have a very stock 2 door Sport (no lift, stock AT tires). I do a lot of mountain running, but rarely have to drive over terrain that a Camry could not handle. While I am not having any major steering issues, I have two concerns.

1) I fear that the steering components in the JL will not age well and am thinking that proactively changing some might make sense before issues arise.
2) I understand that I am no longer driving a sports sedan and enjoy how the JL drives ... however, I wouldn’t complain if it handled a bit better.

Questions -
1) Would I even see much benefit from upgrading any suspension/steering components, other than piece of mind?
2) If so, which components would offer the best return for my situation?
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
2) I understand that I am no longer driving a sports sedan and enjoy how the JL drives ... however, I wouldn’t complain if it handled a bit better.
Fox 2.0 shocks for 0-2" lifts. smoother ride (less bouncy) and less body roll.
i just did this last weekend. drastically improved the ride over the stock shocks.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Seems from what I've been reading the stock ball joints aren't that great, might add that to the menu w/ the above mentioned shock upgrade. Also if you haven't had that new cast iron steering gear box changed out I would definitely look into that. My 2dr JL really tracks nice & stable at hwy speeds w/ barely a finger needed to keep it straight down the road :)
Sponsored