Sponsored

Total loss for my Willys...but i'm fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yes, in all three cases. Most countries have constitutions. In Germany, it's called the Basic Law for the Federal Republic (let's not kid ourselves, it's a constitution).

You're not different because of the genius of your constitution. You're different because you're the only developed country who's still stubborn enough to not give yourself a proper healthcare system. At this point, I guess you don't even know why, anymore. It's just who you are. And it's perfectly fine.
While I'm going to have to take your word for it, I have doubts their constitutions outline the very narrow powers their federal government has, leaving the rest to the states.

I'm not different than most people in that I don't trust the state government to have my best interests in mind. We will leave the federal government out of it because they simply don't have the authority to take over healthcare.

I think there's one state (Massachusetts) that has some form of state run healthcare. And thats fine. It's literally the point of our Republic. They can do it their way, we in TX will do it our way.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, Canada’s healthcare is run at the provincial —i.e., state— level; not at the federal level.

The Federal government collects a portion of the taxes that pay each provinces’ healthcare, but each province is free to run its healthcare as it sees fit.

It is somewhat similar to how our Federal government collects taxes for our interstate highway system, but each state is responsible for maintaining, managing and patrolling it.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
BTW, Canada’s healthcare is run at the provincial —i.e., state— level; not at the federal level.

The Federal government collects a portion of the taxes that pay each provinces’ healthcare, but each province is free to run its healthcare as it sees fit.

It is somewhat similar to how our Federal government collects taxes for our interstate highway system, but each state is responsible for maintaining, managing and patrolling it.
Hmmmm...fact check: partially true.

There's royal sanctions made by the Federal government that provinces must apply. For example: medical assistance in dying. Provinces must provide the service based on the single payer system. That cannot be changed, it's in the constitution.

What provinces can do is to decide how it's applied and how much money is dedicated to a service or another. But they can't run healthcare "as they see fit", no.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m glad you made it out okay man, and double glad you don’t have to worry about the medical bill.

Jeeps are tanks, I don’t wanna know what would have happened to the driver and passengers of any other car that got smashed by a semi at that speed with the semi not breaking at all. Being an engineering student, I can tell you that the energy of the impact was literally astonishing, amplified by the fact that the semi was not breaking at all. The only reason it came to a stop was after it released its entire kinetic energy onto your Jeep.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I expect if you ever get seriously injured in an accident you will change your tune pretty quick. Those ongoing medical bills and time off from work don't magically pay for themselves.
Hence the 10%, most of it is a total scam. Usually they con poor people into a contingency agreement for a fake injury, run them through chiropractors, run up the expenses and take 50-70pct of the settlement. My dad got hit on a bicycle in a crosswalk by a Cadillac running a traffic signal doing 30 and got peanuts since he didn't play the game. Either everybody gets paid, or you don't get paid. Unfortunate, but that is the way it is.

I'm just glad that nobody pulled a 1-800-ASK-GARY on me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
All right, update. My dealer took the entire afternoon to find me a decent replacement package.

Ended up finding that another Quebec dealer ordered a Sarge green 6MT Sport S. Traded for it.

It's getting painted next week at the factory. So if everything goes as expected, i'll have it in three months.

Meanwhile...*sigh*...he's giving me the keys to a "very exciting" Compass.

Here goes my summer plans in the trails. Oh well, at least i'm fine and in one piece.

Anybody willing to give me a ride in the trails if I keep my mask on? I'm vaccinated... :LOL:

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
The green 6mt will be nice! Love to see photos of the willys after the accident if you feel like gettong out. I have often wondered how safe these are.

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
While I'm going to have to take your word for it, I have doubts their constitutions outline the very narrow powers their federal government has, leaving the rest to the states.

I'm not different than most people in that I don't trust the state government to have my best interests in mind. We will leave the federal government out of it because they simply don't have the authority to take over healthcare.

I think there's one state (Massachusetts) that has some form of state run healthcare. And thats fine. It's literally the point of our Republic. They can do it their way, we in TX will do it our way.
[Technically Massachusetts is not a State, it as a Commonwealth.]

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
The green 6mt will be nice! Love to see photos of the willys after the accident if you feel like gettong out. I have often wondered how safe these are.
I was kind of too busy to get strapped on the stretcher to take photos, unfortunately. And to be honest, I kind of...don't want to see the car, just so I don't get too shaken up by how close it was.

My wife saw it. She said the entire read end was completely crashed and smashed in pieces to about the B pillar. And she was shaking telling me how the car looked.

So yeah, I think I don't want to see it.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Good to hear you are ok. I know the Wrangler doesn't get the best crash rating, but if I'm going to be rear ended I'd rather be in a full frame vehicle over a uni-body ANY day.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Sarge Green, 6MT..... Checks all the boxes in my opinion.

#SaveTheManual
Nearly. I take it as an opportunity to make more mods. My winch is about to get here and it's supposed to fit on the plastic bumper too. Plus, my dealer is double-checking but he's pretty sure the A/T tires box was checked.

I'll just have to get a new set of winter rubbers. These were destroyed in the accident and were put on the Jeep...last weekend.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer tried to get it. Your AB dealer started laughing, saying there's no way he's taking a tax hit sending the car in Quebec.

I get him. He'll probably sell it full price anyway.
That dealership doesn’t do fair pricing anyway. I use them for service only.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.