Sponsored

Total loss for my Willys...but i'm fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
God dammit.

A semi's brakes failed behind me while I was at a red light. He got me good. But after a night at the hospital, i'm fine.

You'll understand that I was a bit too busy being strapped on the stretcher to take pictures. But police say he probably ran into me at 75km/h, or something like that (that's about 47 for you, Americans).

Insurance just called: total loss for my brand new Willys. Told me that semi crushed the entire back on the Jeep to about half of its length before I got KO'ed (woke up about 3 minutes later, standing on what witnesses said to the cops).

So bad news: i'll have to order a new Jeep. With that production hell, I don't know when i'll get it. 5 to 7 months seems to be very possible.

Good news: i'm fine and i'm a Canadian, so that hospital bill is covered.
Sponsored

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
God dammit.

A semi's brakes failed behind me while I was at a red light. He got me good. But after a night at the hospital, i'm fine.

You'll understand that I was a bit too busy being strapped on the stretcher to take pictures. But police say he probably ran into me at 75km/h, or something like that (that's about 47 for you, Americans).

Insurance just called: total loss for my brand new Willys.

So bad news: i'll have to order a new Jeep. With that production hell, I don't know what i'll get it.

Good news: i'm fine.
Sorry to hear about your Jeep. Glad you are ok. Best of luck on the new Jeep selection process.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Goddam! Glad to hear you are fine. But that Jeep did not last long.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Happy you are fine and hope there are no effects that creep up in the near future.

Best of luck locating and purchasing your new Jeep.
Thanks. I'll go to the dealership when i'll get better. My dealer is actually looking for one like a mad man. I might end up with something else than a Willys, like a Sport S or something. I guess i'll take any 6MT he'll have for me.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'll go to the dealership when i'll get better. My dealer is actually looking for one like a mad man. I might end up with something else than a Willys, like a Sport S or something. I guess i'll take any 6MT he'll have for me.
If used vehicle values there are like they are here, your insurance may surprise you with a big check.

Good luck!

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
glad you are ok bro, could have been worse.

my two buddies watched a similar wreck when they were at a stop light in 2016.

garbage truck driver was texting ran into the back of cars stopped at a light doing 55mph. the passenger in the first car did not make it.

total of 6 cars were damaged. 1 dead, 1 flown to shock trauma and survived, 4 others were injured and taken to regular hospital ER

my two friends were traumatized just watching it

the driver was eventually charged

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
glad you are ok bro, could have been worse.

my two buddies watched a similar wreck when they were at a stop light in 2016.

garbage truck driver was texting ran into the back of cars stopped at a light doing 55mph. the passenger in the first car did not make it.

total of 6 cars were damaged. 1 dead, 1 flown to shock trauma and survived, 4 others were injured and taken to regular hospital ER

my two friends were traumatized just watching it

the driver was eventually charged
Good thing is: I didn't see it coming at all as I was literally watching an old lady walking across the street. Then lost it. Cops told me my Jeep (with me inside) was catapulted far from her, so that's good.

But yeah, next time someone tells you Jeep aren't safe: I just have neck pains and a cut to my right hand from the broken glass (probably). That's it. Not even a concussion.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Thankful you're ok that is the main thing....

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
You've been paying that hospital bill your whole life. You are just cashing in now.

Are there not any Willys in stock anywhere? I haven't checked inventory levels for a long time.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
yeah the accident i mentioned was a honda accord. my friends told me that all the body was removed (fenders, hood, doors, trunk lid) were just totally gone, only the shell of the car remained.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
You've been paying that hospital bill your whole life. You are just cashing in now.

Are there not any Willys in stock anywhere? I haven't checked inventory levels for a long time.
Thanks for the healthcare system cue, Mr Obvious. Will you also tell me Christmas will be on December 25th this year? I ain't sure. ;)

As for your question: answer's no. There's nothing in Canada right now. And i'm not talking about just Jeeps. There's absolutely nothing in the dealerships, any dealership. Production hell because of the economy bouncing back in USA and China means we have to wait.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Glad to hear you’re OK.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I echo the sentiment from the fellow Jeepers here and I'm glad you're doing well and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

In Florida your hospital bill would be covered plus a 6-7 figure settlement from the truck driver's insurance and a new Jeep.

Did you ever think of getting a new Jeep off the lot? I've never ordered a vehicle, always worked with the dealer's new inventory. I bought my wife's van with 1 mile on it. My Jeep had 25, not much can go horribly wrong in 25 miles.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.