Sponsored

Total loss for my Willys...but i'm fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

glad your ok!. Also sorry to read about your total loss on your wrangler. best of luck on getting a new one!
Sponsored

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
Oh, they already did. They'll pay for the value of what my Jeep was worth brand new.
I’m glad you’re OK...I would think the truck driver’s insurance would pay not yours???

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Did you ever think of getting a new Jeep off the lot? I've never ordered a vehicle, always worked with the dealer's new inventory. I bought my wife's van with 1 mile on it. My Jeep had 25, not much can go horribly wrong in 25 miles.
As written earlier, there's absolutely nothing in the lots right now in Quebec, except for very expensive specs that I don't want or need. Nothing, rien, nada, nichts. The demand is so high and the economy is booming again as more and more folks are getting vaccinated. We'll be in production hell for the next couple of years.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
As written earlier, there's absolutely nothing in the lots right now in Quebec, except for very expensive specs that I don't want or need. Nothing, rien, nada, nichts. The demand is so high and the economy is booming again as more and more folks are getting vaccinated. We'll be in production hell for the next couple of years.
Bummer about the inventory levels in Quebec. Not even a big city like Montreal would have what you're looking for? I'm in a small town in Florida, and our dealerships usually have around a dozen or so new Jeeps, and they're discounting them after a little discussion off MSRP.

Sponsored

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
So glad that you are OK. BE sure to get a good lawyer to help with all the little things that you don't think about. Also be careful about what you post because that can be used against you if the insurance company tries to play hardball. I may be an over cautious Californian about it, but protect yourself. Sometimes injuries can appear weeks or months later, after you have already signed off on all the damages and then you are stuck with the resulting expenses (except in other countries that take care of their citizens differently).
Again, very happy to hear that you had only very minor injuries considering what hit you and how fast it was going!! All the best on the search.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
God dammit.

A semi's brakes failed behind me while I was at a red light. He got me good. But after a night at the hospital, i'm fine.

You'll understand that I was a bit too busy being strapped on the stretcher to take pictures. But police say he probably ran into me at 75km/h, or something like that (that's about 47 for you, Americans).

Insurance just called: total loss for my brand new Willys. Told me that semi crushed the entire back on the Jeep to about half of its length before I got KO'ed (woke up about 3 minutes later, standing on what witnesses said to the cops).

So bad news: i'll have to order a new Jeep. With that production hell, I don't know when i'll get it. 5 to 7 months seems to be very possible.

Good news: i'm fine and i'm a Canadian, so that hospital bill is covered.
Ouch!!! Glad you are unharmed. But after using the lords name in vain I fear you will end up driving a Prius. :)

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
God dammit.

A semi's brakes failed behind me while I was at a red light. He got me good. But after a night at the hospital, i'm fine.

You'll understand that I was a bit too busy being strapped on the stretcher to take pictures. But police say he probably ran into me at 75km/h, or something like that (that's about 47 for you, Americans).

Insurance just called: total loss for my brand new Willys. Told me that semi crushed the entire back on the Jeep to about half of its length before I got KO'ed (woke up about 3 minutes later, standing on what witnesses said to the cops).

So bad news: i'll have to order a new Jeep. With that production hell, I don't know when i'll get it. 5 to 7 months seems to be very possible.

Good news: i'm fine and i'm a Canadian, so that hospital bill is covered.
Didn’t you JUST take delivery?? I’m glad you’re ok, but that sucks!!

If we were American the lawsuit would cover an upgrade to a 392...

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
In Florida your hospital bill would be covered plus a 6-7 figure settlement from the truck driver's insurance and a new Jeep.
In Quebec, the "no fault" law protects drivers from getting sued, if the accident isn't a fault. In this case, he didn't hit me on purpose: his brakes failed.

If, on the other hand, he got me because he was texting or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, these are criminal offenses.

That law was passed in the '70s to make sure drivers don't brake check people (for example) just so they could sue and claim big bucks.

It's kind of a good thing to make sure people don't go bankrupt just because their car failed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Bummer about the inventory levels in Quebec. Not even a big city like Montreal would have what you're looking for? I'm in a small town in Florida, and our dealerships usually have around a dozen or so new Jeeps, and they're discounting them after a little discussion off MSRP.
Unfortunately, it has no link with the size of the city. You have to keep in mind that Stellantis makes about 3000 $US less by selling a vehicle in Canada, just because of the currency rate.

I now let you guess if they sell their vehicles in USA or Canada first.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Didn’t you JUST take delivery??
Yes. Don't worry, I know. I f'n know.

As for a lawsuit, our "no fault" law is protecting drivers from getting sued when the accident is not their fault. Brakes failed, he's already feeling like crap.

If he intended to hit me, that would've been a very different story.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Quebec, the "no fault" law protects drivers from getting sued, if the accident isn't a fault. In this case, he didn't hit me on purpose: his brakes failed.

If, on the other hand, he got me because he was texting or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, these are criminal offenses.

That law was passed in the '70s to make sure drivers don't brake check people (for example) just so they could sue and claim big bucks.

It's kind of a good thing to make sure people don't go bankrupt just because their car failed.
Personal Injury claims in the United States are for the most part a total scam. In the state of Florida, almost every other commercial or billboard is a personal injury lawyer. I've been in a few accidents in my life and I've never pulled one of these bogus claims, and nobody has claimed one against me. People here look at it as "free money" and are willing to go to bogus Chiropractic appointments to back up their phony claim. I would figure probably 10% of PI claims are legitimate. I mean you have billboards like "Dan got me $1.5mln. Thanks Dan!", or billboards with money raining down from the heavens

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, it has no link with the size of the city. You have to keep in mind that Stellantis makes about 3000 $US less by selling a vehicle in Canada, just because of the currency rate.

I now let you guess if they sell their vehicles in USA or Canada first.
That is interesting, you'd think that they would just apply the USD/CAD exchange rate and price their Canadian vehicles appropriately. But then with the silliness of the Central Banks these days who knows what a Canadian or United States dollar is anymore? I certainly wouldn't think that Stellantis prices their vehicles in Canada at parity with the USD. But then I don't know much about Canada other than I wish they had Tim Hortons down here in Florida.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Wrangler=Super easy to be replaced
Your Life=No replacements available
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.