Sponsored

Topsy Products Hoist Coming Soon

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
The system was on their site as “coming soon” when I bought their mounts last September for my Racor. The Racor works perfectly and I don’t see any reason not to get it for well under $200.
Where can you buy the Racor for well under $200?
Sponsored

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
They RACOR lift has been manufacturer discontinued. There are some still available on Amazon but they are over $200 now. That could be why Topsy's is coming out with there own lift system.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Where can you buy the Racor for well under $200?
It was $175 when I bought last year

They RACOR lift has been manufacturer discontinued. There are some still available on Amazon but they are over $200 now. That could be why Topsy's is coming out with there own lift system.
Yikes didn't realize they went out of business.

If you guys are in LA, the below craigslist add has 3 of them for $50 each:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/hsh/d/san-fernando-racor-ceiling-storage/6849605187.html

OP
OP
jefflilj

jefflilj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S color Mojito!
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I’m not sure if the
PHL-1R

CEILING STORAGE LIFT
is the same as what most people have bought in the past, but Topsy lists this on their website as a suggestion to buy for their parts to use.
It’s $225 on amazon and hasn’t changed price over last couple of months. Then getting the Topsy parts to beef it up, puts the overall price over $300. Which is fine with me. But if Topsy comes out with similar one for around that $300 price, I think I’d like to give that a try. My luck it would be closer to $400 or more though. Ha.

Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
do the brackets for the back window hinges come with the racor kit?

Or bought separately. i'd like to score a couple of those

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone provide links to all the Topsy parts they added to the Racor lift? I'm still in the beginning stages of researching this hoist project...

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
This might be a stupid question but I built my own lift with ratchet straps but I'm looking for a better way to secure them to the top. Will the topsy brackets work? has any body used brackets like this?

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
This might be a stupid question but I built my own lift with ratchet straps but I'm looking for a better way to secure them to the top. Will the topsy brackets work? has any body used brackets like this?
I've only got a minute but if you do a search there is another thread on how people hoisting their top off and you'll see that people do use the Topsy brackets with ratchet straps,

Hope that helps.

Sponsored

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure if the
PHL-1R

CEILING STORAGE LIFT
is the same as what most people have bought in the past, but Topsy lists this on their website as a suggestion to buy for their parts to use.
It’s $225 on amazon and hasn’t changed price over last couple of months. Then getting the Topsy parts to beef it up, puts the overall price over $300. Which is fine with me. But if Topsy comes out with similar one for around that $300 price, I think I’d like to give that a try. My luck it would be closer to $400 or more though. Ha.
I looked up Racor on Amazon and read the description, I think it's the same:
Amazon.com
The RacorPro PHL-1R Pro HeavyLift Storage Rack lets you load and lift heavy items to the ceiling for storage without the need for a ladder. It helps to free up valuable floor space in your garage or storage area and allows you to store heavier items, such as furniture, lawn mowers, tires, canoes, snow throwers, and more. The heavy-duty 4-by-4-foot platform is built to last and provides 16 square feet of additional storage space in your garage or storage area.

Heavy-Duty Lifting Capacity for Heavier Items
The PHL-1R is both tough and durable, and it's built to handle heavier items up to 250 pounds. The heavy-duty steel support beams and 4-by-4-foot platform are made from high-quality materials that are made to handle tough loads and provide years of consistent performance. The unit is built to lower 8 feet from the ceiling, accommodating storage spaces with taller ceilings. The drill driver attachment allows you to raise and lower the platform using your own drill.
The unique pulley system makes it easy to raise and lower heavy items with minimal effort on your part. With a durable winding axle that works in conjunction with the pulleys and strong nylon cables, the PHL-1R handles the brunt of the weight so you don't have to, while raising or lowering the platform quickly and smoothly.

Safety Lock Ensures Safety and Stability
The innovative safety lock ensures that the load stays locked into place when fully raised to the ceiling. Simply use the winding crank to engage the safety lock when the platform is raised to its highest position, and use the winding crank's integrated hook to disengage the safety lock and safely lower the platform.

An Additional 16 Square Feet of Storage Space for Your Garage
The PHL-1R's tough 4-by-4-foot platform gives you an additional 16 square feet of valuable storage space in your garage or storage area. This allows you to store your lawn mower out of the way during the winter or to store your snow thrower during the summer months, clearing valuable floor space and creating tidier, more useful quarters.

The RacorPro PHL-1R HeavyLift Storage Rack measures 49.25 x 17.5 x 7.25 inches (packaged) and weighs 74 pounds (packaged). It comes in a smooth black finish and includes all necessary hardware. Additional tools required for installation include: stud finder (for drywall ceilings), adjustable or box end wrench, socket wrench, cordless drill/driver, Phillips screwdriver, pencil, and a 4-foot straightedge or chalkline.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Thinking of fall coming up and nicer days ahead for removing the top. Any news on the Topsy hoist availability? Have read enough bad reviews of Racor system that I’d be fine spending a few extra $$ for a quality system.

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Stain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee