First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S color Mojito!
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I saw on Topsy’s website that they have a hoist system coming soon.

Anyone have any ideas on what it would be like? 4 point system, similar to Racor where you could store stuff on top, etc?
Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw on Topsy’s website that they have a hoist system coming soon.

Anyone have any ideas on what it would be like? 4 point system, similar to Racor where you could store stuff on top, etc?
Link? I don't see anything on their website

OP
OP
jefflilj

jefflilj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I emailed them on timeframe, they said couple months as just working out the manufacturing details.

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
About to pull the trigger on a Racor. A couple of months is mid summer and I need one now. Did they provide any guidance on pricing?

Sleepdds

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
About to pull the trigger on a Racor. A couple of months is mid summer and I need one now. Did they provide any guidance on pricing?
They told me it was definitely going to be more than if you got the Racor system but that it would be a better constructed system.

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
The racor /topsy combo is great. I would not hesitate going that route. Super happy with it.
A658A81D-0069-42C3-88BD-79B50F3182C0.jpeg
F8A6655C-32CC-499C-8B7E-6E92C2B0974E.jpeg

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I've got the Racor with the Topsy goodies as well. Their stuff is great quality. I would guess it would be a pretty similar overall design as Racor given that they encourage you to go that way at the moment. If they offered a better quality version at a reasonable price I definitely would consider Topsy's lift as well.

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
I also got the Racor with Topsy addons. to me it was worth the money because it will store my soft top during the winter and it only takes a few minutes to take off or put on.

Hoist.jpg

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed my Racor lift and Topsy add-ons this weekend. Too bad Topsy didn't have their system done ahead of spring

OP
OP
jefflilj

jefflilj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yea, if they got this out during spring that would be the best time for them.
I’ve been leaning to go with the Racor and the Topsy replacement parts.
But when i saw they are coming out with their own hoist, I thought I could wait if it would be a more solid product and similar.
They said it will have a movable platform similar to the Racor as well.
I’m torn. This is my first Jeep so I’m learning a lot.
I’m in Michigan, we don’t get consistent warm enough days until late June to September. So if this comes out early July, I could wait and just take the top off here and there when the weather is good.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Racor is pretty stout (from what I've read). The ONE item that had fault was the plastic cable cam driver. I already ordered the metal cable cam driver along with the hinge hooks (should ship 1 May when they get back).

The concern I have is that the Topsy product is likely to be more expensive than a Racor and for likely minimal gain in product quality. The other concern I have is vaporware. There is no timeline and one thing I've learned in my many years....if it isn't here yet, don't assume there won't be delays in getting a new product out. All that said, kind of a no brainer (for ME) to go with a Racor based solution.

TXRobD

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma, 2018 JLUR Sting Gray
The Racor is great but I did some modifications. I added the metal cogs from Topsy and I used larger diameter and longer lag bolts to go in my joists. The metal cogs are comforting to have but not absolutely necessary. The full load is only on the cogs when the hoist is lowered all the way to the ground. I never lower mine all the way down for my top hoist application. The load is on the cable and not on the cogs. They weren't that expensive so I just put them on during the install for peace of mind. Overall I'm super happy with the setup. It works great and it's easy to take the top off by myself which was the goal.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
The system was on their site as “coming soon” when I bought their mounts last September for my Racor. The Racor works perfectly and I don’t see any reason not to get it for well under $200.
Sponsored