Topsy hooks and Harken Hoister

shuttergirl

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Anyone with the Harken Hoister... is it possible to buy the Topsy hooks and attach the Harken Hoister to it?

For those of you with the Harken Hoister, is there any issues with the back window seal with the belt pressing against it?
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I use that combo. It’s holding up my hardtop in the garage right now. I use the topsy strap with hooks with it. That secures the back, in the front I use one of the harken straps running from side to side.
Works fine.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I use that combo. It’s holding up my hardtop in the garage right now. I use the topsy strap with hooks with it. That secures the back, in the front I use one of the harken straps running from side to side.
Works fine.
Does it feel like the hinges are strong enough to hold the rear long term? Seems like a whole lot of weight in such a small area.

todds89

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
Works fine.
I use a similar setup, Topsy brackets in the rear, and in the front I tied some welded rings to the Harken lines, then use the Topsy strap.
Jeep Wrangler JL Topsy hooks and Harken Hoister IMG_5599.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

shuttergirl

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I use a similar setup, Topsy brackets in the rear, and in the front I tied some welded rings to the Harken lines, then use the Topsy strap.
Jeep Wrangler JL Topsy hooks and Harken Hoister IMG_5599.JPG
Thank you so much for the visual. Now I wish I would've bought the Topsy set vs just the brackets. I hope I can make it work.

BenjNoah

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara, 2015 Acura MDX
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but with the Topsy brackets with the Harken hoister wouldn’t the brackets being pulling up at an angle? I have the Harken now, and where the eye bolts are the ceiling are located it won’t be directly above where the Topsy brackets are on my top. Did you move yours or do they pull slightly at an angle? Any issues with that?
Sponsored