Sponsored

Topsy hinge with Harken hoister 4 point lift system

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I know that the Topsy hooks work well with the Racor lift, but has anybody tried connecting the Topsy hooks with something else? I was thinking the Harken system. (I understand that the Topsy hooks aren't necessary for this setup.)
02.jpg
Sponsored

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in this as well so I'll be following this thread, but I surmise the hooks should work with. My only thought would be that the ceiling attachment points should be directly over the Topsy hooks so as to not put lateral stress on them.

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in this as well so I'll be following this thread, but I surmise the hooks should work with. My only thought would be that the ceiling attachment points should be directly over the Topsy hooks so as to not put lateral stress on them.
I purchased the Topsy hooks with straps this morning. I'm trying to get away with the Harken system at $150, rather than Racor at over $220 because I'm cheap. It seems like I could take the topsy strap and hook it up from side to side instead of front to back, and attach to the topsy hooks on the back end.

The placement of the eye screws shouldn't be an issue either, but like you said, it would probably be better directly over the hooks.

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the hooks today and just installed them. If the weather is good this weekend, I'll try to clean out the garage, install the 4 eye screws, and ratchet the hard top off the Jeep.
20190530_193345.jpg

BlueJLUinMotown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Got the hooks today and just installed them. If the weather is good this weekend, I'll try to clean out the garage, install the 4 eye screws, and ratchet the hard top off the Jeep.
20190530_193345.jpg
So did you get this set up? I'm looking to try the same setup (Harken with Topsy) and I'm hoping to find somebody who made it work. Would love to see some pics of your setup too!

Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I purchased the Topsy hooks with straps this morning. I'm trying to get away with the Harken system at $150, rather than Racor at over $220 because I'm cheap. It seems like I could take the topsy strap and hook it up from side to side instead of front to back, and attach to the topsy hooks on the back end. ...
Among other advantages of the Racor rack, that shouldn't be forgotten, is the storage on top for the freedom panels and other things (up to 250 lbs.)

markpc13

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
self employed
any updates on this combination? I have the harken already installed and the topsy hinges are on their way. Anyone know if its safe to store the freedom tops on top of the hardtop once lifted,? I kee them in the storage bag and then wrapped in a blanket.

shuttergirl

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
any updates on this combination? I have the harken already installed and the topsy hinges are on their way. Anyone know if its safe to store the freedom tops on top of the hardtop once lifted,? I kee them in the storage bag and then wrapped in a blanket.
Have you made this work? I installed mine a few weeks ago w/ the topsy hinges. I still need to make some adjustments; leveling out the top. Once the back area is settled, the front still needs to go down and we have to manually let it down. And then it's hard for us to unhook the carabiner.

Anothe thing, my husband thinks the rope system has a lot of friction. Is that how yours is?

BenjNoah

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara, 2015 Acura MDX
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I installed my Hoister over the weekend, and bought 2 topsy brackets for the rear. Was thinking I could use those and carabiners for the rear ropes, and use one of the included straps running horizontally across the front ropes. Would that work? Or do I need to get 4 topsy brackets and 4 carabiners?