First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Haven’t done it the Jeep yet, but with pickups I made two cords with snap hooks tied on one end, then tied each to one of the front corner tie downs, adjusting the length so right one prevents jumping out left side, and vice versa. Snapped both to collar. I don’t see the need for a bulky, clumsy, hot harness. Nor the expense.
Just looked at my Jeep, and the door straps would work fine as anchors. The cords could lie in the floor when not in use.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Why not just loop the dog's leash through the D-rings in the floor and clip it to the front of their harness?

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
First Name
MW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 l JLUR
I got a heavy duty harness from k9 outfitters. It took a while to get here after I placed my order but it is great quality! I like that you can adjust the length of the tether so my not-so-brilliant lab doesn’t jump out of the Jeep when he sees a squirrel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdamB

AdamB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sahara 4Xe (2024)
all great ideas going on here! Ordered a few things to help keep the pup safe!! Thanks!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Haven’t done it the Jeep yet, but with pickups I made two cords with snap hooks tied on one end, then tied each to one of the front corner tie downs, adjusting the length so right one prevents jumping out left side, and vice versa. Snapped both to collar. I don’t see the need for a bulky, clumsy, hot harness. Nor the expense.
Just looked at my Jeep, and the door straps would work fine as anchors. The cords could lie in the floor when not in use.
Please don't use collars as your attachment, use a harness that distributes load in case of a sudden stop.
Dogs have been hung by their collars when they jumped or fell out of vehicles ...

WIDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK WW 2-door; 2019 JLR - 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
We ordered netting from @Raingler Nets for our JLR. It's been too cold up here to install yet, but they are made extremely well, and they look great! My hope is that they will also keep the kid's toys from causing accidents!

Raingler Nets

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raingler.com
Vehicle(s)
RAM2500Cummins
Occupation
Custom Cargo Net Builders
A bunch of JL and JLU versions. Barrier dividers behind front seats, rear seats even add a dog door you can open or close up. We also make MIL-SPEC leashes that hook into the seat belts and the cargo area holds (use with a body harness)
Jeep Stuff
Dog Stuff

Photo Mar 31, 5 54 04 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 31, 5 41 25 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 08, 12 15 57 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 07, 2 56 01 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 07, 9 05 55 AM.jpg

Leash and 2 collar set with add-a-leash.jpg

Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
Hi @Raingler Nets

On your website you have 5 types of nets from netting to screen to mil spec netting and combos of those. Do you have more info or pics to help see the options better?

And if I need to take my dogs in and out of the tailgate, what's involved in loosening the back strap or two (is there a hook or a friction buckle only?) to make room for a couple 120 pounders?

Summer is coming soon! Thanks!

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
This thread has kind of morphed into a pet safety discussion. I was doing a bit of research yesterday on harnesses and options for pet restraint while driving. I'm not knocking anyone's equipment choices for traveling with your dog. Hell, my pup has just been roaming free in my Jeep for the most part. I'm just putting this out there if your interested in looking into pet safety further. This organization crash tests harnesses and provides certifications. I'm certainly going to be changing the way I travel with my dog in the future.

https://www.centerforpetsafety.org/

Raingler Nets

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raingler.com
Vehicle(s)
RAM2500Cummins
Occupation
Custom Cargo Net Builders
Hi @Raingler Nets

On your website you have 5 types of nets from netting to screen to mil spec netting and combos of those. Do you have more info or pics to help see the options better?

And if I need to take my dogs in and out of the tailgate, what's involved in loosening the back strap or two (is there a hook or a friction buckle only?) to make room for a couple 120 pounders?

Summer is coming soon! Thanks!
Thanks kurt13 We are totally out of winter and hope the top down (or at least windows off) weather is starting to happen in your part of the country.
details, specs, closeups:
Raingler's Material Types
Jeep JL/JLU include; optional to install, heavy duty black steel quick release snap hooks.

Last edited:

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Okay. To be clear this is not a current issue, so far my dog loves the back seat with the top off, keeping him pretty confined within the Jeep ... but I would hate for it to become an issue so... Jeep dog people... when the tops are off how do you make sure the pup stays in?

Thoughts?
My dogs wear DOT approved harnesses and seat belts, and are placed in the backseat. We also keep the rear windows rolled up just in case. Further, we use a Kurgo dog hammock in the backseat area that allows them to lay down w/o falling off the seats.

CrownRubicon

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase