Topless manual transmission

AdHerp

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jk -> 2018 JL
Anybody worry about people putting your manual transmission in neutral to mess with it while the top is off? Anybody have a solution?
Sponsored

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody worry about people putting your manual transmission in neutral to mess with it while the top is off? Anybody have a solution?
You could look into one of these type devices.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...o-Car-Gear-Shift-Handbrake-Lock-/142090424296

Just do a google search for “gear shift lock anti theft” or similar and you’ll find a few others.

I don’t know if they work well. I was curious myself after I read your post. :)

OP
OP
AdHerp

AdHerp

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jk -> 2018 JL
You could look into one of these type devices.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...o-Car-Gear-Shift-Handbrake-Lock-/142090424296

Just do a google search for “gear shift lock anti theft” or similar and you’ll find a few others.

I don’t know if they work well. I was curious myself after I read your post. :)
That's interesting. I was wondering about just drilling a hole through the base of the e-brake to put a padlock, preventing it from being released.

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
Haha we did that with my buddy’s jk he had the doors off in the school parking lot and I threw it into manual let roll down the hill a bit and but the parking break back. It was after school and he was in on it but it’s scary anyone can do that..

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
When I was in high school my first truck was a manual transmission frontier..my friends would randomly move it up or down the street if I left the doors unlocked.

So yeah that thought has crossed my lol

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Any vehicle that has a manual transmission and is either left unlocked or is roofless can be messed with in this way, yet, how often do you actually hear of it happening?

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
My JK had its top and doors off most of the time. When left alone, the parking brake was always set, and if it was ever parked on an incline the wheel was turned to the lock so that if it were to roll, it would turn itself into the curb.

If you are paranoid about it just park with the wheel cranked all the way. The worst that can happen is someone pushes it around in a circle.

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
Leave one of these babies on the driver’s seat with a sign that reads "don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time!" :like:

upload_2019-4-4_22-39-30.jpeg

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You have to adopt an attitude with your Jeep that shit can happen. I wouldn't leave a pair of nice sunglasses on the dash. But otherwise you just have to accept that a cat can pee in your Jeep, something can get taken, it can be moved, your top can be slashed, etc. Protect the really valuable stuff and don't worry about the rest.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
No and no. I have insurance, and 99% of vandals these days will have no idea what a manual is.