First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
That would've been ridiculous in 2010

And here we are in 2018 haha

Yeah, I didn’t even think about it, but it’s ludicrous... I mean an it probably costs no money at this day to even make it an option..... does it make me angry or disappointed, no, but it is just dumb.
Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
I've owned multiple JKs. Today I decided to go test drive a JLUR and to be honest, I did not like it.

Three instant takeaways:

1. The suspension is STIFF. It does not ride nice.

2. Steering responds strangely.

3. Constant see sawing of the wheel is necessary to keep the jeep straight.

Overall it feels like driving a JK with a cheap suspension lift on it. Same characteristics but now comes that way from the factory.

It looks cool though.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Still trying to get used to the "upward" press to use the mist mode on the wipers. It was always down before. This up movement just seems wrong and counter-intuitive.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I've owned multiple JKs. Today I decided to go test drive a JLUR and to be honest, I did not like it.

Three instant takeaways:

1. The suspension is STIFF. It does not ride nice.

2. Steering responds strangely.

3. Constant see sawing of the wheel is necessary to keep the jeep straight.

Overall it feels like driving a JK with a cheap suspension lift on it. Same characteristics but now comes that way from the factory.

It looks cool though.
What you describe sounds like over-inflated tires.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
There have already been two people stranded due to the electronic key fob and push button start. How do you like it now??

They wouldn't have been stranded if they had a mechanical key and ignition. I bet they think that button is a lot less cool now, don't they?

I am all for technology, but not at the expense of reliability. Anything that compromises the reliability or security of my vehicle, I am not in favor of.

The keyless electronic FOB compromises on reliability and security, so I am not sure why people here stroke it so much?

No one has been able to logically with empirical evidence explain to me why I would desire a keyless electronic FOB over a mechanical key. They just say things like "It's cool".

Well something being "cool" or "different" isn't a persuading factor to me. Having my key break because it gets wet and strands me with my vehicle is!

Having someone push the start button against my will because the key is in proximity is!

Having to find a place to store the stupidly large bulky key fob (and associated attached house / work keys) instead of just hanging in the ignition is.

I don't want to be unable to use my vehicle because my electronically sensitive fob is malfunctioning. With a physical mechanical key, that is never a problem.

Again, why should I desire a electronic non durable keyless fob and a push button start?
Keyless entry and start are proven technologies, the fact that there are a few bugs in the Wrangler is an annoyance but not a failure of the technology. FCA will resolve any implementation issues. As to the question of why, the answer is simple, convenience. People are willing to pay a premium for convenience. If you’ve owned a car with this feature, I have for more than a decade, it becomes a requirement. To be fair it is proof consumers are becoming lazy. In my case it’s one of the improvements that convinced me to become a Jeep buyer. I’m 61 and while I love uncompromizd vehicles I also like my technology and I don’t see the two as being mutually exclusive. I enjoy a well engineered machine and that includes both the Mechnical and Electrical.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
The ONLY thing I don't like about my JLU Rubi is every time I drive it, I have to push the little button that turns the engine stop/start off. It's petty I know as it takes a millisecond and is close to the driver, but that's all I could think of :like:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
The ONLY thing I don't like about my JLU Rubi is every time I drive it, I have to push the little button that turns the engine stop/start off. It's petty I know as it takes a millisecond and is close to the driver, but that's all I could think of :like:
I wonder if the "trailer plug" work around will work with the JL

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Well I test drove one and now the only thing I can’t stand about it is that mine is in D status and I’m going nuts figuring out whether to go with 35 or 37’s...just sayin’

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Where the hell is my dead pedal ???

Couldn’t agree more with the auto up windows...but this thread had me laughing. This being my first wrangler it sounds like I’ve missed out on a lot of tough love from the JKs

Edit for addition: no clothes hook. I've always hung my work clothes on a hanger and hooked that on a clip usually a part of the grab handles. Looking around at least it's only an $8-10 accessory.

Last edited:

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Is it just me, or does anyone else not like the look of the plastic around wheel well and beneath the LED lights on front fender and rear fenders? Looks cheap to me. I’m going to try and paint it to match the body.

What are your thoughts?
i find the wheel well plastic lip to be the most regressive 80's element of the JLU's styling. Most people I know find this plastic incredibly cheap looking and tacky.

I understand it's cheap and easy to replace, but plastic can be cast in any color, and offering other options including body matched, is revenue Jeep is letting slip away.

I also feel like flattening the hood was a huge mistake, as well as flattening the front grill. These both actually make the SHAPE of the JL look MORE DATED, than the shape and angles of the JK front end.

The new windshield slope is welcome, as are the Bmw-style Corona ring LED accents around headlamps (which I have been suggesting for wranglers since 00's), but why go backwards on the hood and grill ? Should have at least kept angles the same as JK.

JK looks more modern/contemporary than the new JL, on several key areas:

Fenders
Grill
Hood

Which is a shame, as the interior & amenities of the JL are clearly a significant improvement. I also like the door lines, and the fact it can accommodate 35's on factory setup.

I also am quite disappointed that the roof options are still so limited, we saw such great stow&go roof possibilities on their clay model and many concept sketches, displayed in Jeep HQ, only to see it remain a fantasy.

Hopefully, the multi-panel panoramic-type sunroof hard top, will arrive with either the diesel or full electric JLU's, as well as newer more contemporary facelifted grill, fenders and bumpers.

Last edited:

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
JK looks more modern/contemporary than the new JL, on several key areas:

Fenders
Grill
Hood
I really feel the exact opposite way about these features; they look so much more « basic ». The JL looks so much more sought after in these areas and many others...!
But again, design is such a personal thing..!

goracers

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I really feel the exact opposite way about these features; they look so much more « basic ». The JL looks so much more sought after in these areas and many others...!
But again, design is such a personal thing..!
Agree. I think the JL looks way better, especially when side by side an older model. Personal preference, though.
Sponsored