Top things you DON'T like about the New JL Wrangler

Piteco

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Rubicon 2020 Diesel
Lack of truly and fully being able to customize an order on their website at this stage of the game.

Diesel and V8 should be available right away. Interior and dashboard restrictions on colors and/or materials.

Deeper tailored customization straight from the factory is the name of the game. It gives most people a leg up on the starting point and the price hikes would be easier to swallow.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
KO2s great in mud? That's NOT what I have read. And while the KO2s may be GREAT all terrain tires (and awesome on the road, they will still not hold a candle to a dedicated mud tire like the new Firestone Destination MT2 when off road. A mud tire like that also has great manners on road, and it looks and performs much better off road. I never much cared for the brains tread pattern look of the KO2s.
They are NOT good in mud, trust me on that! :mad:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I noticed the 7slot grill is missing from behind the rear view mirror and the little rock crawler jeep is missing from the lower passenger side windscreen corner. i love these little icons. not sure why they are missing on the JL????
The rock crawler Jeep is still there.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
1.) Would like to see the, "Start/Stop Assist" on/off button work just the opposite. So that it would be permanently off unless you cued it on.

2.) Ram's little 5.7 Liter V-8, with 4 cylinder cut out, would be fantastic.

3.) The rear quarter panel windows on the two door hardtop be removable also.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK
Vehicle Showcase
I just wish all options were available across all models.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I'm not hating on the thread in general. I'm just thinking that the listed 7 things are just not the points, I would have thought that would have been mentioned as they do seem a little nit picky. I assumed when I opened this the top 4 would be start/stop, dash color options, sport front bumper, and the lack of the hard top not being able to be more module when they obviously can like the power top. I think the rest of the things listed are benefits for the most part. Push Button start?absolutely!, Windshield? not a catchers mitt, fuel tank size? Who gives a shit over a gallon of gas, it's not meant to be a long distance comfy ride, M/T tires, they wore down quickly and were loud, replace, Shifter and tranny? New one is better, smoother, ride, shifting and drive are 100 times better, length, again, who gives a shit about an extra inch or two of cargo space, you can add a Mopar roof rack to this now more than making up for that without heavy modification, License plate location? Aftermarket / relocate.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
KO2s great in mud? That's NOT what I have read. And while the KO2s may be GREAT all terrain tires (and awesome on the road, they will still not hold a candle to a dedicated mud tire like the new Firestone Destination MT2 when off road. A mud tire like that also has great manners on road, and it looks and performs much better off road. I never much cared for the brains tread pattern look of the KO2s.
Of course they're going to pale in comparison to a true mud terrain. You'll get no argument there. As an AT tire, though, they do incredibly well in mud. I've got 35" KO2s and I've buried them in plenty of Colorado mud with little issue. However, most Rubis never see mud. And again, as a general purpose tire covering as many terrain and weather situations as possible, it makes more sense to have a tire that's good in a variety of scenarios than a tire that's pretty much shitty at everything except one.

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Ok, add your car key to the key chain with all your house and work keys and then try to put it in that slot....
Might a bit too much OCD/careful, but I keep all my key sets separately.
Don’t need my mustang keys with me if I just lock my door to take a walk, or even my work keys...
Why ? Cause if I was to lose em I’d rather lose the least possible, and especially the ones I had no need to carry around at that moment. And also I’d rather not have my car key all scratched and looking like it’s 10 yo when it’s pretty new...
Just my 0,02 I guess

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My Carps are: Start/ Stop , over priced "options" (air conditioning, $1200, axle ratio. $700 , "premium" top, Really ??) Those are Basic items, "should" be included in Sport Base , or at least for a fair price...
I prefer to build by "options", don't like being forced into "packages" for that one or two items I want.
A la carte would be great..
My JL would be Sport, plus AC for the dogs, Hardtop, ditto, 3:73 TracLoc. Delete rear seat, carpets.
Choice ! Guess I'll wait for Special Editions to address this minimalist Want, Patience is a Virtue.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
Might a bit too much OCD/careful, but I keep all my key sets separately.
Don’t need my mustang keys with me if I just lock my door to take a walk, or even my work keys...
Why ? Cause if I was to lose em I’d rather lose the least possible, and especially the ones I had no need to carry around at that moment. And also I’d rather not have my car key all scratched and looking like it’s 10 yo when it’s pretty new...
Just my 0,02 I guess
That's the way to do it - I always chuckle to myself when I see that guy fumbling with 10 keys and he's just going to the store to get groceries.

Have had push start for a bit now - would never would go back. Just keep the keys in the backpack/messenger bag/pocket.

I do hear the fob is quite large. See if I can take it apart and make it smaller.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have push start and proximity in my Yukon. Nothing to hate - absolutely fabulous feature. It’s even better for my wife. Key is in purse somewhere, but now no need to dig for it. I’d be upset in JL didn’t have it.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I have push start and proximity in my Yukon. Nothing to hate - absolutely fabulous feature. It’s even better for my wife. Key is in purse somewhere, but now no need to dig for it. I’d be upset in JL didn’t have it.
1st world problems. ;)
Sponsored