Sponsored

Top things you DON'T like about the New JL Wrangler

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
Reading some of the back and forth over the push button start. I think Jeep understands that kids expect these features and added it to keep them happy. “ Oh man I have to use a key, these Jeeps are so dated!!!” In another 10 years it will be “Oh man I have to push a button!!!”

upload_2018-4-22_15-6-51.jpg
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
8. If it's a really cloudy day or late in the day towards sunset and the headlights come on it reduces the internal display too dim to see.
The dial to the left of the steering wheel, to the right of the headlight dial, lets you control the brightness of the displays when the headlights are on. It saves the last brightness setting from the last time your lights were on. I adjust it quite often when the lights come on at dusk or even just pulling in to my parking garage and don't need everything dimmed so much.

MEO73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
I really miss physical gauges-fuel, oil pressure, temperature, battery charge, tach, and speedometer. This isnt just a complaint about jeep, though, this is a complaint about current vehicles generally. On a jeep, however, it’s just more pronounced as when Im in the wilderness, I appreciate the reliability and readabilty of actual gauges. I prefer the aesthetics of the real deal as well.

Sponsored

Tstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350. jlu.
Dislikes..... 3.6 engine is kind of noisy, windshield likes bugs, when it rains water drips into interior when doors are opened

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
1) Do you still use a rotary phone at home and have a cell phone the size of a briefcase? Just curious.

And what the hell is wrong with leaving the key in your pocket. Ya know, where it was before you got in the car? And incidentally where it will go when you get out of the car?
A coworker today was shit talking ESS about how it must destroy the starter. I can only imagine the arguments between people that rode horses and those that drove vehicles back in the day. Technology changes... adapt.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Just sharing this in case any of you guys need to get to the point when someone challenges you when you say you don't like ess, keyless entry, etc..

iamnotahipster.png

Sponsored

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
I only have @ 5 days under my belt and most things are positive. However, today it rained. And I learned that the hood vents hold water around the edges and for some reason at any normal speed that water seems to slowly spray drips directly onto the bottom half of the drivers side windshield. It’s just enough to be noticeable and annoying.... and eventually call for a quick hit of the wiper. If someone comes up with an aftermarket vent replacement that fixes that problem it will be on my short list of must purchases!

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe

MEO73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
@MEO73 That is the "Off Road Pages" you are referring to. Hopefully Jeep keeps their promise.
No, i mean real gauges. Jeep abandoned all but fuel, speedometer, tach and temp ages ago. I want battery and oil pressure too. Not digital, but physical gauges.