Top things you DON'T like about the New JL Wrangler

Documan.Terry

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 1989 V3500 3+3 Chevy, 2010 Camaro SS 6 speed
Price, lack of manual option behind the diesel, Id like a keyed ignition option, imo that red dash is awful.
Sponsored

Johnbuz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Tribeca
Of course they're going to pale in comparison to a true mud terrain. You'll get no argument there. As an AT tire, though, they do incredibly well in mud. I've got 35" KO2s and I've buried them in plenty of Colorado mud with little issue. However, most Rubis never see mud. And again, as a general purpose tire covering as many terrain and weather situations as possible, it makes more sense to have a tire that's good in a variety of scenarios than a tire that's pretty much shitty at everything except one.
If you want the mud tires, just make a deal with the dealer to swap out the factory tires when you pick it up

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Is it normal for Jeep owners to be previous Mustang owners? I've seen more Mustang owners than I can tolerate on here. It's make me second guess what I've gotten myself into.

Is Jeep and Mustang brother and sister?
I’m a Mustang owner, and the family growing I had to take one for the team and get a more practical car, given that I didn’t feel like paying for 3 cars (registration, insurance, maintenance, etc...)
But decided to have something cool and fun to drive around to make up for the loss of my previous toy :)
So the Wrangler was a natural, only option to me (especially since I want my rides to be manual).

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I’m a Mustang owner, and the family growing I had to take one for the team and get a more practical car, given that I didn’t feel like paying for 3 cars (registration, insurance, maintenance, etc...)
But decided to have something cool and fun to drive around to make up for the loss of my previous toy :)
So the Wrangler was a natural, only option to me (especially since I want my rides to be manual).
Mustang, cool, and fun are 3 words that should never be spoken in the same sentence. Unless you are comparing the three polar opposites.

haha

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Mustang, cool, and fun are 3 words that should never be spoken in the same sentence. Unless you are comparing the three polar opposites.

haha
Ever owned or driven one ?
My 2015 is plenty of fun to drive, a comfy ride, and definitely improved compared to the previous gens. Plus it’s actually decent(-ish) on gas !

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Is it normal for Jeep owners to be previous Mustang owners? I've seen more Mustang owners than I can tolerate on here. It's made me second guess what I've gotten myself into.

Probably cause we're tired of crashing into things :cwl:

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS

haha
I'm a convertible fan and the Mustang is the best looking convertible I could afford at the time. I'm probably going to miss it pretty bad during the summers, but the Wrangler will be a compromise. I still get compliments weekly 3 years later and daily if I drive everyday.

It's a head turner and a beautiful work of art.
Don't knock it til you try it or you'll just sound like a hater.

Riviera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2022 WL75
1) Do you still use a rotary phone at home and have a cell phone the size of a briefcase? Just curious.

And what the hell is wrong with leaving the key in your pocket. Ya know, where it was before you got in the car? And incidentally where it will go when you get out of the car?
The stupid key is the size of a deck of playing cards, it's like having an extra cel phone in your pocket. Plus, I personally do NOT like having my keys in my pocket when I drive.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
The stupid key is the size of a deck of playing cards, it's like having an extra cel phone in your pocket. Plus, I personally do NOT like having my keys in my pocket when I drive.
122471cb5ee630766fc6b689b4b90329.jpg

Clip it to your belt/loop/waist. I've been doing this for years and still haven't lost any keys. Even when I'm going to the gym in basketball shorts, I can just tuck my waistband into the clip without it falling off.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Is it normal for Jeep owners to be previous Mustang owners? I've seen more Mustang owners than I can tolerate on here. It's made me second guess what I've gotten myself into.

I’m trading in my Mustang for two reasons (sort of 3).
1) Cargo Space
2) With modern LEDs on most SUVs and Trucks it’s getting annoying being blinded at night.
3) I’ve always wanted a 4x4 off-roader. Other than that I love it and will be sad to let her go. It handles great through corners and has some fun power to work with. One of my best friends (who’s family is the one that got us into Mustangs since we were little) wants me to just get a new GT. But I’m switching from one American icon to another and will finally get to go camping more in more remote areas because I won’t have to worry if I’ll scrape over a bump.

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
1) Do you still use a rotary phone at home and have a cell phone the size of a briefcase? Just curious.

And what the hell is wrong with leaving the key in your pocket. Ya know, where it was before you got in the car? And incidentally where it will go when you get out of the car?
Agree completely! I think the proximity remote and push button start is the single greatest new technology to be put in vehicle in probably 50 years (safety features aside of course). If you do not like push button start you either don't understand how this technology works or you are not using it correctly. The whole point is to eliminate the need for using a key. The key never leaves your pocket or purse if you are a woman. Just walk up to the vehicle, pull the door handle get in and push to start. No keys required, it's awesome!

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer

I've had a Paint, been around several Arabians and a Palomino or two.....Yet never had a Mustang......Guess'in that JL's can't pull a two horse trailer neither.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Agree completely! I think the proximity remote and push button start is the single greatest new technology to be put in vehicle in probably 50 years (safety features aside of course). If you do not like push button start you either don't understand how this technology works or you are not using it correctly. The whole point is to eliminate the need for using a key. The key never leaves your pocket or purse if you are a woman. Just walk up to the vehicle, pull the door handle get in and push to start. No keys required, it's awesome!
Or you could, you know, just take the doors off.
Sponsored