OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Apologies Mike, didn’t mean to suggest this as something you should do! I am super thankful for what you have posted/shared as it gives good real world insight.
Oh, no offense taken whatsoever. I am making more of like entertainment and kind of like a fun video diary. Those guys are making video guides. Which is great and I would love to do. All good!
Sponsored

RD RUNR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
We're going with some friends in april 2023 and hopefully we'll have the 2" mopar lift on our baby. Right now it has Rubicon shocks and springs. 2019 unlimited sport.

20220605_125306.jpg

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

BetOnBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
This is definitely on my list.
Though instead of trying to crawl up that ledge, you should of just tried to send it. Momentum makes up for a lot. lol

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

We're going with some friends in april 2023 and hopefully we'll have the 2" mopar lift on our baby. Right now it has Rubicon shocks and springs. 2019 unlimited sport.

Jeep Wrangler JL Top of the World in a mostly stock JL Rubicon 20220605_125306
Are you thinking of doing Moab Easter Jeep Safari?

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
This is definitely on my list.
Though instead of trying to crawl up that ledge, you should of just tried to send it. Momentum makes up for a lot. lol
Hahaha - "Just send it." That is one way to get up an obstacle, and one way to break things on my expensive ride... A little extra momentum would have gotten me up that ledge easier, but it would have made the impact on my undercarriage when I bottomed out harder--not to mention the impact to the shocks, etc...
What I really did wrong was angle-- when I first tried on the left and then again on the right, once I got the front tires over the ledge, I needed to turn a little to get one of the rears to bite in a good spot before the other one was skidding on a tractionless spot. I'm learning-and generally not breaking my rig as I do so!

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Slow and methodical wins the rock crawling race. A little bump now and then may be necessary, but avoid if possible. More skinny pedal is a good way to break things. From what I’ve seen, if a Jeep has the traction, it will climb it.

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Slow and methodical wins the rock crawling race. A little bump now and then may be necessary, but avoid if possible. More skinny pedal is a good way to break things. From what I’ve seen, if a Jeep has the traction, it will climb it.
Yep, agreed, and that I think is the very best thing about a Rubicon in 4-lo with lockers front and back: the ability to get up things really slowly that other people have to slam into. It's just a matter of finding the spot where the tire will grab. And in my case, trying to run level-6 trails in Moab, I also could really use a lift and 35s. But I love my crawl ratio.

Sponsored

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
I was expecting to see pictures on top of Everest. What a let down. ;)

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Ran Top of the World, including the loop at the top, in a bone stock JLURD with no problems. Little scraping here and there but no biggie whatsoever. Pick good lines and it's a breeze. Unfortunately the haze from the Pack Creek fire last year spoiled the view😪
Actually dropped our M1102 trailer at the trailhead, ran it, then hitched back up and made the trek back to Montrose.

20210712_122456.jpg

dustersjl

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 2 door Willys
Ran Top of the World, including the loop at the top, in a bone stock JLURD with no problems. Little scraping here and there but no biggie whatsoever. Pick good lines and it's a breeze. Unfortunately the haze from the Pack Creek fire last year spoiled the view😪
Actually dropped our M1102 trailer at the trailhead, ran it, then hitched back up and made the trek back to Montrose.

Jeep Wrangler JL Top of the World in a mostly stock JL Rubicon 20210712_122456
Do you think a 2022 two door willys could do this trail? Ive been dreaming of Moab since moving to Colorado in 2018.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Do you think a 2022 two door willys could do this trail? Ive been dreaming of Moab since moving to Colorado in 2018.
There's really only a few spots where it's an issue, and even those spots with some wheeling experience aren't bad at all. Now that isn't to say you can't find yourself in a pickle very quickly. Definitely do not go alone.
If you do try, stay right as you reach the loop section and come back down the same way you went up. Going around the loop at the top was the worst of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I think having a 2-door will really help offset some of the challenges I had, because of your improved breakover angle. That said, if you're lower and you don't have lockers... well, like Finn said, you'll probably make it if you know what you're doing. But I would recommend adding skid plates. I have an aftermarket oil pan, transmission, and rear diff skid.
I also did get high-centered badly enough on one of the ledges that, while all 4 tires were touching the ground, they had no weight on them, and therefore just spun uselessly, and I was completely stuck. Fortunately I had brought traction boards with me, which I used to get unstuck... This is probably less likely for you in a 2-door, and maybe only happened because I chose a poor line... but, just trying to help you to NOT underestimate this trail, because it can kick your ass.
Sponsored