First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Chasing some of the "I changed ________ and it totally helped my dead/wandering steering!" ideas back in the early days of the JL before all the recalls, none of which ever really did much for the $$$ spent. Returned and got my money back on most of it, at least.
Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
waves from Texas.

I've been really pleased with my Diver Down neoprene seat covers thus far this summer. As you know, there's no defeating swamp @$$ in this type of heat, but they're noticeably cooler and I feel better not letting my sweat soak into the leather.
Hi Ricky,
A big wave right back to you....... Currently 108° here in Cave Creek. Our temp because of elevation, runs about 3° less than Phoenix. Fortunately, both of our homes one here in Cave Creek, and a Cabin up on the Rim have garages. But that doesn't help much when we are out shopping. That is a great idea, thank you for sharing! I just may look into them..:)

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Not emailing companies to verify fitment on my diesel model before buying and waiting forever on them to ship (looking at you AAL).

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
1- Tailgate reinforcement... gimmicky in my opinion.. unless is a version that also replaces the hinges I don't believe it offers enough strength to avoid sagging and damage to the stock hinges... I have a bumper with the swingarm spare tire mount.. .plenty strong to carry my 143 pound spare tire.
2- wheel spacers.. money wasted in case you just wanted your JL to look cooler... if you use it to prevent the tire from rubbing then it is ok.. I still think is better to save that money and get proper wheels
Just an FYI, the reinforcement isn't for the hinges, it's for the "sheet metal" of the gate.

Sponsored

Zero_Accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Really wishing I had looked for a good deal on a JT Rubicon. I may have bought the wrong Jeep.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Sport!

Jeep Wrangler JL Top mistakes since buying your Jeep IMG_4925[1].JPG

The fact that it came with a lift, tires, bumper and winch for the same price as a stock Sport makes it so much better, but I've added/put so much into mine at this point that I'm almost at the same price point as my Dad's JTR (which he also found at a great price). With the lockers that I'm looking at, I'll be at the exact same price point! I could have had something like this!

Jeep Wrangler JL Top mistakes since buying your Jeep IMG_4973[1].JPG

I could argue that I got better aftermarket components out of it, plus the experience was fun, but I wish that I realized that it would make insurance a pain if something happened.

I also could have got that sweet Rubi hood out of it. And better trade in, in case I want something different down the road.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Really wishing I had looked for a good deal on a JT Rubicon. I may have bought the wrong Jeep.
I really wish I'd have gone with the 4xe instead of my Sahara. With the tax rebate it would've been nearly a wash, and with gas prices today, it would have saved me soooo much $$. During the school year, my daily "commute" to take my girls to school is <30 mi, and during the summer I go days without starting my Jeep.

theblackdog

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Tried mounting our fire extinguisher to the inside of the tailgate, turned out it was too heavy and nearly pulled the inside panel off.

Let a dealership replace my brakes and rotors instead of buying the parts elsewhere and have the local mechanic install them

Procrastinated on getting the instrument cluster looked at when the odometer display would act funky, so now it's taken longer to get a new part.

Sponsored

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Getting a sport S, going off-roading, ending up wanting to do more, realizing I should’ve gotten a rubicon but the problem is the sport is *mine* now so rubicon axles it is.

also buying cheaper products that are *probably* okay and switching it out almost immediately, looking at you DV8

LongDriver

First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tuscadero JLU 4XE, 22 Snazzleberry JLU 4XE
Wish I would have gone with a hard top instead of the soft top. I love the factory soft top but I go into the back of my Jeep waaaaay more often than I let the top down and it's just a PITA to undo the back window every time I need something.
We traded in our Jeep for this reason. Got the SOT and love it.

LongDriver

First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tuscadero JLU 4XE, 22 Snazzleberry JLU 4XE
I really wish I'd have gone with the 4xe instead of my Sahara. With the tax rebate it would've been nearly a wash, and with gas prices today, it would have saved me soooo much $$. During the school year, my daily "commute" to take my girls to school is <30 mi, and during the summer I go days without starting my Jeep.
We got the 4XE Sahara for this exact reason. Then traded it for a 4XE Rubicon because that's where we should have started .
Sponsored