Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
All in the birth place of the Willys\Bantam Jeep

Bantam Jeep Prototype, 1940
1655230435938.png

Looks OEM doorless to me
It has a door. An ARMY door! The troop strap is known to stop all instances of injury in all circumstances, keeping your passengers safe. If the vehicle rolls over or ejects people, it’s because you did not properly secure the troop strap!
/sarcasm over

Sponsored

mike_g

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7
Just a FYI…doing brakes and rotors is extremely easy. Just watch a few videos and you’ll be fine. Even if it takes you way longer than a mechanic, you’ll know you did it right and way cheaper!
Truth. I did rotors and pads on my wife’s crv when she drove it into the studs. It was cheaper to buy an impact gun, impact sockets, a one person brake bleeding thingy, a decent (higher quality than oem) rotors and pads bundle, and all the other little knickknacks required instead of taking it to a shop, let alone to the dealer.
Now changing out the ac compressor… I’ll take it to the shop next time. It took me two 8 hour days renting a lift and I almost couldn’t get the serpentine belt back on. In the end I did save a couple hundred dollars, but only if I value my time at 0.

Last edited:

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
your Willys probably has the same brakes the Rubi has, and the same xfr case except for the 4:1 low range ratio. and if you want to get full articulation, just disconnect the anti-sway bar links and zip-tie them out of the way.

but if you just want a new J**p, i don't want to be the one to take away your excuses to get one. 😄

I went back and forth between Willys and Rubicon when I got my 2020, ultimately decided on the Willys. But, there were some climbs where I could have definitely used the lockers and also I would have liked to have had the factory 4.10's, especially after I went up to 37's.

I should, but am not going to, say the 37's with the stock 3.45 gears was a mistake. Lol. I just...I just have a traditional 4-speed transmission now, that's all. Ok, fine, it was a mistake. I should have re-geared at the same time. But I don't want to spend the money on re-gearing a Dana 30 front axle and shoot, the Rubicon axles are wider than the Willys/Sport axles so even though I have a Dana 44 rear if I upgrade the front axle then it'll be wider than the rear, so OK I need rubicon takeoff axles and regear those and...shit I'm at 10k, let's just cut losses, keep the 37's with no regear and order a 2023 Rubicon and get the beefier t-case, better brakes, factory 4.88, lockers, sway bar disconnect, and 3 more years of warranty. And a hard top, so I can put a luggage rack up there without spending $4k on the LOD softtop rack solution.

So yeah. I shoulda done a Rubicon from the get-go and I would have had it in Punk'n like my Willys. Hydro Blue is a good replacement though, still bright and flashy.

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Sponsored

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
A little different than most posts here, but my biggest mistake so far was ignoring rain clouds as the sun was setting, thinking it was just getting dark and I would beat the rain to the house on a 1 hour topless drive back to the house. Earned a torrential FL summer storm just after sunset with the top down at under 800 miles on the Jeep. Lesson: don't ever, EVER think you'll beat the rain. :LOL:

Luckily she airs out quick.
Right there with you.
It never fails in the summer time to be out and see a cloud pop up out of nowhere. You may think you have time to out run it. Nope.

KevinC

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
The reverse is also true though, I know of several Rubicon owners that never even get them dirty.
My only regret was taking mine out at less than 6 weeks old onto unmapped tracks without a clear wrap or armour panels on the paintwork 😬

There is nothing more cringe-worthy than the sound of your own heartbreaking as you hear the Lantana scratching every panel 😣

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
Sometimes I wish I went dual top, but I don't have a great spot for long term hard top storage and not sure if my Jeep would fit in my garage with the soft top after moving to a 3.5" lift and 37" tires.
My hardtop is nice and comfortable on the Queen bed in the guest room 😆

AOBE

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR 2.0L
Occupation
Self Employed
Blasting holes in the pop can material rockers for a set of metal cloak exoskins. No matter how careful I was the drill bit would grab and obliterate the metal. Oh well they are on now.
Did you use a step drill bit like a Unibit ? They work well and a traditional twist bit is a no-go for me when doing any drilling on a vehicle.

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I didn't follow buy once, cry once during the first series of mods:

- Bought 37" tires thinking I wouldn't need anything bigger.

- Re-geared stock axles to 4.88 thinking I'd be satisfied.

Now I'm on 40s with 1 ton axles and thinking about 42" tires.
Sponsored