Top mistakes since buying your Jeep

Mathami

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 4D Sport
Everyone made mistakes after buying a Jeep, I think it would be useful if we share those mistakes so we can avoid or fix them

I’ll start:
1- I’ve installed DSC fox shocks which were really expensive but not useful for me, I should’ve looked into it more before buying.
2- I’ve watched a video of installing Alpine subwoofer and I thought it was plug and play , NOT! I screwed up the ground cable and had to take it to the dealer.
3- upgrade videos sometimes isn’t easy as it looks.
Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
1- Tailgate reinforcement... gimmicky in my opinion.. unless is a version that also replaces the hinges I don't believe it offers enough strength to avoid sagging and damage to the stock hinges... I have a bumper with the swingarm spare tire mount.. .plenty strong to carry my 143 pound spare tire.
2- wheel spacers.. money wasted in case you just wanted your JL to look cooler... if you use it to prevent the tire from rubbing then it is ok.. I still think is better to save that money and get proper wheels

Last edited:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I should've picked up a Rubicon take-off suspension instead of puck spacers. It's fine and it's a temporary solution anyways, but would've cheaper and probably would have been a better overall experience.

I would've bought an electric ratchet day 1 instead of waiting ~9 months.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Trying to drop a subwoofer into the factory Alpine enclosure. Everyone has been quoting the volume of the enclosure to be 0.55 cu ft, which is the volume of the Alpine JL enclosure. Quart measured it to be 0.35 and the only ones that work in that size are some inefficient Pioneer SW's.

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I should've picked up a Rubicon take-off suspension instead of puck spacers. It's fine and it's a temporary solution anyways, but would've cheaper and probably would have been a better overall experience.

I would've bought an electric ratchet day 1 instead of waiting ~9 months.
And I could not get any hits on CL when I posted my JLURD stock suspension for $150.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Maxing out my credit card on accessories...

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Should have got cloth seats. The leather is very hot here in the Phoenix Summer heat.
waves from Texas.

I've been really pleased with my Diver Down neoprene seat covers thus far this summer. As you know, there's no defeating swamp @$$ in this type of heat, but they're noticeably cooler and I feel better not letting my sweat soak into the leather.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Having owned Jeeps all my life, I realize that the biggest mistakes I made with each one before this JL, was to not regear after putting bigger tires on.

Besides that, I'd say modify slowly and therefore keep changing set-ups, rather than go all out and do things only once.

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Lifting my Jeep before really understanding how much more involved (and important) getting it right really is.

….and not getting a Rubicon from the beginning. The answer is always Rubicon!