Top Lift Venture Pro

DRockWilson

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
I didn't see another thread in here about it but I saw Top Lift Pro released a new model called the Venture Pro that is portable for $899.

Top Lift Venture Pro

Just when you thought we couldn't make it easier, TopLift Pros® introduces the new Venture Pro™—The first-of-its-kind, portable Jeep® Wrangler and Ford Bronco® hardtop removal, storage & installation tool on the market.

The Venture Pro™ was strategically engineered to be both compact and heavy-duty, allowing you to travel anywhere and remove & store your hardtop safely and in minutes. It comes semi-pre-assembled and unfolded for easy setup and breakdown. Plus, like all our products, the Venture Pro™ is made from the highest-quality materials, fortified with an eco-friendly powder-coat finish for long-term durability. But a hardtop removal tool is only as good as its lifting mechanism, which is why the Venture Pro™ features our convenient TopLift Pros® 5-to-1 weight ratio Push-Pedal System that makes removing, storing & installing your top easier and faster than ever!

Personally this sounds very intriguing as I live in Ohio and would only be using it for a few months in the summer. It wouldn't take up permanent space in my garage year round. Also the fact that it is pre-assembled is nice as I've read it's quite an ordeal to assemble the Top Life Pro, but I guess that's a one time pain anyway.

Thoughts?

_11_fd5bdc9a-b41a-47a5-9195-1b8a65ee1a54_1800x1800.png
Sponsored

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
That model is supposed to be more portable. For home use, I was advised by them to buy the original model. It’s heavier duty. Call them.

EarlGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I considered the Venture Pro but was advised by them to get the original one since I plan on using it to store the top during the summer.

OP
OP

DRockWilson

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
I considered the Venture Pro but was advised by them to get the original one since I plan on using it to store the top during the summer.
That makes me feel less confident in the Venture being able to safely store the hard top. I honestly can't see using it not at home that often to make it worth the $. Or even ever for that matter. Kind of disappointed because the Venture design actually made sense.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
We bought one last night and it should be here Thursday. I chose it over the other one because it appears that it will be easier to store out of the way when not being used.

If it isn't as sturdy as the original, I'm going to be pissed. It's a lot of money to pay for what it does. Since we have two jeeps, it made sense to minimize the work and risk with changing tops.

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
Pinion, let us know how it goes, I was debating this as I couldnt use my original topliftpro due to my shelf. I called them and they mentioned the new design will work with what I have.

JeepinJoe1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
That model is supposed to be more portable. For home use, I was advised by them to buy the original model. It’s heavier duty. Call them.
interesting. I asked them the same thing and they told me the Venture Pro would be just as stable for storage….

I have it and it’s great, i would just prefer a ceiling mounted hoist now that I realize that’s the better system for my garage size vs the Venture Pro.

JeepinJoe1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I didn't see another thread in here about it but I saw Top Lift Pro released a new model called the Venture Pro that is portable for $899.

Top Lift Venture Pro

Just when you thought we couldn't make it easier, TopLift Pros® introduces the new Venture Pro™—The first-of-its-kind, portable Jeep® Wrangler and Ford Bronco® hardtop removal, storage & installation tool on the market.

The Venture Pro™ was strategically engineered to be both compact and heavy-duty, allowing you to travel anywhere and remove & store your hardtop safely and in minutes. It comes semi-pre-assembled and unfolded for easy setup and breakdown. Plus, like all our products, the Venture Pro™ is made from the highest-quality materials, fortified with an eco-friendly powder-coat finish for long-term durability. But a hardtop removal tool is only as good as its lifting mechanism, which is why the Venture Pro™ features our convenient TopLift Pros® 5-to-1 weight ratio Push-Pedal System that makes removing, storing & installing your top easier and faster than ever!

Personally this sounds very intriguing as I live in Ohio and would only be using it for a few months in the summer. It wouldn't take up permanent space in my garage year round. Also the fact that it is pre-assembled is nice as I've read it's quite an ordeal to assemble the Top Life Pro, but I guess that's a one time pain anyway.

Thoughts?

Jeep Wrangler JL Top Lift Venture Pro _11_fd5bdc9a-b41a-47a5-9195-1b8a65ee1a54_1800x1800
I see you’re also in Ohio / Cleveland. I might be selling my Venture Pro to get a hoist system instead (just seems like it’ll works better for my garage setup). Let me know if you’re interested in checking it out.

AshleyB

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 Door JL
Hi! I just recently bought one of these. It worked great lifting the top up off my jeep but it Will not disengage to lower the top back down?? I sent an email to toplift pros as well awaiting a response. The only downfalls I see right now with the venture pro is there is not much info about them. There is no "how to use" videos/instructions for us newbies with the lift. So it's all trial and error if you've never used one before. Hoping maybe someone has some input?

For reference when we tried to lower the top back down we pulled both the safety lock near the foot peddle to let it be open and used the green cord to attempt to lower. But alas mine appears to be locked upwards.

As for other concerns following this thread:

* I was skeptical with how wobbly the lift it's self feels however it is holding my top (for now anyways). The metal is good quality steel or so it appears

* My lift did come slightly bent at one of the openings but we just used a pry bar to widen the opening again to allow the pieces to slide together easily.

* Came packaged in two boxes with foam travel containers I guess I'll call them. Not really practical. I wouldn't really deem this model a travel lift since it requires quite a lot to dismantle the thing. So I'll only use those foam packages to put away at the end of the season to box up and keep out of the way

* Their support responded back quickly with how to lift the top up off with instructions via email. I am unsure why they launched an item with so little knowledge since most of their reviews are requesting this. So it sounds like I'm not the only one playing trial and error to figure out exactly how it works.

Eyeball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ & 2023 JLUR
We bought one last night and it should be here Thursday. I chose it over the other one because it appears that it will be easier to store out of the way when not being used.

If it isn't as sturdy as the original, I'm going to be pissed. It's a lot of money to pay for what it does. Since we have two jeeps, it made sense to minimize the work and risk with changing tops.
It looks like you have had it for a few months. What are your thoughts?

Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
It looks like you have had it for a few months. What are your thoughts?
It's really wobbly. I wouldn't store my top on it.

The whole thing feels like the tolerances were never met. Next year I will have to shim the hell out of it. The only good thing about it is that it comes apart for better storage.

It isn't worth what they charge for it. I am not very impressed. Maybe their previous design is better, but I'd say just about anything else out there would be a better choice, unless you're like me and have a limited amount of space for things like this.

Your best bet is to find someone to help take it off manually, and split a six pack with them after.