Top lift pro vs soft top?

Jsabinpa

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I currently have a hard top on my 2020 JLU, I’m wondering if I should get a top lift pro can a soft top? I live in Florida and love having the top off but I need to be able to do it by myself hence the dilemma, any insight/thoughts/advice?
Sponsored

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
My hard top and doors are off from May-September but I'm in MA. Even the hottest days won't touch a normal summer day in FL. If I was in your position I'd have a soft top on to run safari mode.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
My hard top and doors are off from May-September but I'm in MA. Even the hottest days won't touch a normal summer day in FL. If I was in your position I'd have a soft top on to run safari mode.
You could always run those alien sunshades, though.

However, not sure how good they are for downpours which can happen in FL, so a soft top might be better to be able to fully cover up in a couple minutes.

I am in CT so hardtop is off around the same months as you so for me i would prefer the top lift pro to fully enjoy the openness. I also prefer the hardtop off vs. lowering the soft top because of easy, unrestricted access to the trunk space.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I have a Top Lift Pro. I store my hard top on it from spring to fall and then store my folded soft top on it in the winter. I love being able to take the hard top off by myself.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the TPL and its very easy to remove and store.

TPL.jpg

Sponsored

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
You could always run those alien sunshades, though.

However, not sure how good they are for downpours which can happen in FL, so a soft top might be better to be able to fully cover up in a couple minutes.

I am in CT so hardtop is off around the same months as you so for me i would prefer the top lift pro to fully enjoy the openness. I also prefer the hardtop off vs. lowering the soft top because of easy, unrestricted access to the trunk space.

I have an Alien Shade over the back seat for the kids. Sun & heat don't really bother me if I have a hat on so I never felt the need to buy one. I also have the Garage Smart roof lift in my garage so top on and off is pretty simple.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I currently have a hard top on my 2020 JLU, I’m wondering if I should get a top lift pro can a soft top? I live in Florida and love having the top off but I need to be able to do it by myself hence the dilemma, any insight/thoughts/advice?
Simple, get the best of both worlds

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I have a TPL and love it. I live in Los Angeles and we get some hot days during summer, dry, but hot days in the 90s, and sometimes we hit the 100s in the middle of the day. I can't drive with the top off when it gets over 90s. I would love to have a soft top instead because when it gets hot I could simply put the top back on and turn on the A/C. However, I need the hardtop because I also kayak a lot during summer and need to use the roof rack. Then the rest of the year we can have perfect days on the 70s, 80s, but then temps drop to 50s at night, so it gets cold and uncomfortable. If I had a softop, again, could put it back on and avoid the windchill.

So, if you don't need the hardtop at all, I would suggest you get a softop. It is way better than being either naked or hardtop. And if you are looking for the occasional top off ride, maybe a week here and there, the top lift pro is perfect.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
Being in FL I went with the soft top just for that reason. I keep the side and rear windows out most of the time so easy to go from safari position to top down. I didn't want to have to wrestle with a hardtop. But my Jeep is a second vehicle for me and I wanted something where the roof comes off.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Does it rain randomly in Florida when you are out? If yes, get the Soft top. :)
Sponsored