Top Lift Pro base frame issue

TheDadCar

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I received the Top Lift Pro today but was not able to finish the assembly. It seems like one of the base frames is crooked by about 3/4 of an inch, which creates a nasty wobble.

Something just doesn’t make sense. I took it apart and tried again, thinking it would fall into place but it’s still an issue. I just emailed the company about this.

Has anyone else dealt with a similar issue?

Jeep Wrangler JL Top Lift Pro base frame issue 7DCFF329-B865-4E24-AAF8-7FAE96B07FCE

Jeep Wrangler JL Top Lift Pro base frame issue 72137D4A-151B-4C84-9665-E53EE27CBC57
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I received the Top Lift Pro today but was not able to finish the assembly. It seems like one of the base frames is crooked by about 3/4 of an inch, which creates a nasty wobble.

Something just doesn’t make sense. I took it apart and tried again, thinking it would fall into place but it’s still an issue. I just emailed the company about this.

Has anyone else dealt with a similar issue?

Jeep Wrangler JL Top Lift Pro base frame issue 72137D4A-151B-4C84-9665-E53EE27CBC57

@TopLiftPros

Any ideas... thoughts..

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
OP uses the words "fall into place", which I makes me wonder if there is the expectation that it'll assemble like LEGO...meaning that the tubes get pushed into and through the plastic connectors until they stop, like getting that re-assuring snap the comes from LEGO assembly. The TopLiftPro is well-built, but it's not exactly a finely-toleranced design.

There's a fair amount of adjustability in those T-connectors. Maybe all that's needed is an adjustment of those? I'd try loosening all of the plastic T-connectors, adjust the tubing and try to get all four casters on the floor?

OP
OP
TheDadCar

TheDadCar

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OP uses the words "fall into place", which I makes me wonder if there is the expectation that it'll assemble like LEGO...meaning that the tubes get pushed into and through the plastic connectors until they stop, like getting that re-assuring snap the comes from LEGO assembly. The TopLiftPro is well-built, but it's not exactly a finely-toleranced design.

There's a fair amount of adjustability in those T-connectors. Maybe all that's needed is an adjustment of those? I'd try loosening all of the plastic T-connectors, adjust the tubing and try to get all four casters on the floor?
Definitely tried that. I loosed every screw, to see if it moves but there’s no flex/movement. The assembly is pretty straightforward so I have to assume it’s the right base frame that’s off.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Definitely tried that. I loosed every screw, to see if it moves but there’s no flex/movement. The assembly is pretty straightforward so I have to assume it’s the right base frame that’s off.
@TheDadCar

Never have heard or read of anyone with similar issue..

Reach out to Ken the TopLift Pro inventor, or Barry his brother in law, and see if they have had issues in regard to this being reported to them.... and ask how to proceed .....

Possibly, TopLift Pros received a batch from a particular place that manufactures the parts for them that was a muck lets say.. They may not even be aware of this yet.

I have tagged @TopLiftPros.... but you should call them at (321) 329-0055 . (They are in Florida)

I will be seeing them on the 23rd of this month at Jeep Beach 2021.

I'm curious about your issue so will ask them when I'm there about it.

Of course, that is of no help to you now.

Sponsored