Top-down look at JL/JLU hard and soft tops, including power sliding top

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
It will make it a HELL of a lot easier to remove. If you can pull the freedom panels, then the back section, and then the sides windows and rear window all off individually a single person could do it without a lift.
I guess another concern could be crash concerns. If what thing gets hit you will just have Panels Flying all over the place.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I guess another concern could be crash concerns. If what thing gets hit you will just have Panels Flying all over the place.
Im sure they are all locked into place in some way. The only thing that I worry about with more pieces is more seals to leak.

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im sure they are all locked into place in some way. The only thing that I worry about with more pieces is more seals to leak.
Starting to see more Cons here......

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We could all have it wrong and its just a design seam and it still is the entire Back Section (Side Panels, Rear Glass, Top) as the 3rd piece.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what everybody's problem is with leaking. My TJ never leaked in 20 years.

Except when it rained...

Sponsored

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what everybody's problem is with leaking. My TJ never leaked in 20 years.

Except when it rained...

.......What....no underwater driving?

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I think you're grasping at straws here. I'm betting that hard top will be almost identical to the current JK hard top.

Sponsored

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The pictures are now clear. If the brake lights were moved to the top on the steel ceiling, it would be better for the vision field.

Jeep Wrangler JL Top-down look at JL/JLU hard and soft tops, including power sliding top {filename}
The only issue with this obviously is if the top is removed....surprise.....no third brake light.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm getting the idea that the JL's "3 piece hardtop" may--particularly in the back of the vehicle--not be like the 3 piece hardtop of the JK.

Whether that's wrong, or the hardtop---at least in some implementations--has the MySky abilities of some Renegade trim level--or the back of the top comes off independently of some of the back windows (say the side windows), which may or may not come off independently...

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
Could the rear and side glass possibly be fixed to the truck? All of the pics, besides the soft top of course, it looks like the only "removable" part of the roof is indeed the roof itself, and not the rear hatch. Of course we can't see under the camo, but it looks pretty seamless going from body to the rear hatch area in almost all of the spyshots.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Except when it rained...
Funny I have the same experience ;)
Sponsored