Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You all the reason why it is so unlikely for us to die from COVID-19, or to even get the virus, is because of all the measures that have been taken to avoid this. All of the shelter in place measures have really affected COVID-19 in a positive way (for us, negative for the virus lol).

I believe in freedom as much as most of you in this forum, and I hate that we are being ordered what to do. But honestly people, we live in a civilized society and sometimes we have to give a little freedom momentarily for the benefit of all. You all crying and complaining about "stopping to live" for 1 month are just being extremely bratty. Just stay home and keep your distance for a few weeks so that the impact, both in terms of health and economy is reduced.

It is a small sacrifice for the greater good. Shit happens, this is not going to last forever. Take your doors and top off and go enjoy the roads which have no traffic.
Sponsored

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I sat on the porch yesterday afternoon and watched well over 100 vehicles pass by. Over 50% had their windows down and/or roofs open. So matter which side of the fence you're on regarding top up/down...it's not a Jeep Thing.
How are some people even getting groceries, if their risk aversion is tuned so high, they fear the ultra low risk of catching virus via top down driving? I'm fascinated by risk perception, and how it differs among humans. We should be thankful there are person out there, able to assess risk in a reasonable manner and deal with any fear. Otherwise how would anything get done?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
How are some people even getting groceries, if their risk aversion is tuned so high, they fear the ultra low risk of catching virus via top down driving? I'm fascinated by risk perception, and how it differs among humans. We should be thankful there are person out there, able to assess risk in a reasonable manner and deal with any fear. Otherwise how would anything get done?
Exactly. It is all about statistics and probabilities. The risk is so minimal. I really want to take my top off, but it has been freaking pouring in Los Angeles sin march 1st, it is like a rainforest right now. And it has been very cold here too. Who would have thought.... I had my top off all of January and most of February.

Going on topless ride along pacific 1 would be an awesome activity for covid times.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have to agree. I understand closing a mall, but shutting down boat ramps and other outdoor activities that by nature result in social distancing? I think politicians are scrambling to do whatever they can to prove their "concern" with very little thought into the overall picture

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Do we need to be cautious? Yes.

Problem is, the "measures" are all arbitrary and capricious. At least, from the government.

Masks and gloves on in your own car, with the windows down. That is, what...half of the current people on the rosds?

Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
... I felt a bit sick for a couple of days but nothing dramatic I have no idea if I had it or not.
you might want to pursue getting an anti-body test in the coming weeks if it is available in your area, if it shows you already had the virus you will be able to carry on with confidence

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you might want to pursue getting an anti-body test in the coming weeks if it is available in your area, if it shows you already had the virus you will be able to carry on with confidence
There are cases of people getting re-infected, or at least, the virus in them is getting re-activated.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree that you shouldn’t downplay anything but it seems that article is more for the idiot joggers who come behind you and pass you. You don’t see them coming.
Note to the joggers: great that your keeping up with your health but move to the street or the other sidewalk when running by people. It’s fu**ing rude.
about them/ why do they always look at their watches? long before the whole fitbit thing. ever since the early 80's every time i see a jogger, they are looking at their watch.

Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Around here we're starting to see more counties closing roads and national forest to locals only. I question the legality of it all, and find it super irritating (even though I'm staying home) so if you want to do that topless joy ride you may want to do it sooner rather than later.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ounty-roads-to-non-residents-to-curb-activity
Pennsy closed all of the state parks weeks ago. locals, all of the swingsets and such are cordoned off, but, the rest of the parks are open.

You can't question the legality of it, You are a flat earther.

You can't question the virus' potency, or You are chicken littling.

Here's the issue, folks. the information seems to be ever changing. numbrs being revised, info changing, precautions changing, restrictions changiing. who can keep up?

top off, doors off, windows down.... I see people driving theirr personal vehicles with the windows down, masks and gloves on, only to get out of the car, and take off the gloves(And, of course, Throw them on the ground)

meanwhile, everyone is sniping at everyone that doesn't agree with them. God forbid You try to lighten anything up for anyone whos life has been turned on it's ear during this shitshow. God forbid You disagree with anyone.

someday, this piss poor steven king novel of a situation will be over. I really wonder how many friendships are going to be burned. someone will have been wrong, someone will have been right.

maybe everyone needs to not lose their shit because someone asked a question.

we're not going to know until it's over.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Pennsy closed all of the state parks weeks ago. locals, all of the swingsets and such are cordoned off, but, the rest of the parks are open.

You can't question the legality of it, You are a flat earther.

You can't question the virus' potency, or You are chicken littling.

Here's the issue, folks. the information seems to be ever changing. numbrs being revised, info changing, precautions changing, restrictions changiing. who can keep up?

top off, doors off, windows down.... I see people driving theirr personal vehicles with the windows down, masks and gloves on, only to get out of the car, and take off the gloves(And, of course, Throw them on the ground)

meanwhile, everyone is sniping at everyone that doesn't agree with them. God forbid You try to lighten anything up for anyone whos life has been turned on it's ear during this shitshow. God forbid You disagree with anyone.

someday, this piss poor steven king novel of a situation will be over. I really wonder how many friendships are going to be burned. someone will have been wrong, someone will have been right.

maybe everyone needs to not lose their shit because someone asked a question.

we're not going to know until it's over.
Good point about the gloves on the ground Jake. Yesterday was a windy day here in NYC. There were gloves rolling around like tumbleweeds. I can’t believe the pigs I have to live with.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point about the gloves on the ground Jake. Yesterday was a windy day here in NYC. There were gloves rolling around like tumbleweeds. I can’t believe the pigs I have to live with.
sadly, some folks are just taking notice of that now. (and, probably because the gloves are bright blue, and, look like breakdancing smurfs in the breeze)

in philly, 4 cops pulled a guy off of a septa bus or subway, for not wearing a mask (i still believe that is why the boros are in the mess they are in... the mass trans buses and subway cars....those are rolling petri dishes). the video is online.

like i said, some of those bridges will never be mended.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, living with self-absorbed pigs. Grocery store parking lot is scattered with masks and gloves. A fair number of baskets in the parking lot have gloves tossed by the last customer. Everyone looks at each other like they are a leper then pulls their glove off one hand and uses the clean hand to pull off the other glove from it's finger tips.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Best thing is not to wear gloves at all. Just sanitize/wash your hands when you come out of the store and before you touch you' car. I see people daily, riding in their cars with gloves on. I guess they haven't figured out that all those gloves are doing is helping them spread whatever germs all over their car, and anything else they touch.

Yesterday, went out to Costco, to get some of that $1.63 gas. I got out, sprayed the pump handle with bleach solution, blah blah blah, I did everything right. Then I'm sitting at the light about to exit the parking lot, and in my rear view mirror I see a lady getting out of her car. To my horror she runs right up to my window and knocks on the glass. Her face is less than a foot away from mine between the glass. I'm horrified behind my mask but she can't tell. She proceeds to tell me I left my gas cap off, and then turns and runs back to her car. I mean I appreciated the gesture, but I did not appreciate her putting me, and herself at risk over a freaking open gas cap. Point is, people are seriously not thinking. My protocol is simple, there is covid-19 on every surface, and every single person accept for me has it. This way I keep my guard waay up. Seems pretty common sense to me, that if I'm sitting at a light with top down and the guy in front of me sneezes, that there is a very fair chance that I could catch his highly contgious covid-19 virus (that has spread from the other side of the planet to my front door due to people downplaying it) if he has it. Stay safe, stay vigilant, and start thinking. This is no time for rolling the dice. I will also advise you to take what the govt is telling you with a grain of salt. They revise the guidelines almost daily, which tells you they don't know much, so you must think for yourself.
Sponsored