First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a Quadratec dead pedal and it was on back order but arrived in two weeks. It took about 5 minutes to install and is very well designed and built. FWIW
Sponsored

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
Vent/window visor
All weather mats
Door sill protectors
Mud flaps
Neoprene seat covers

In any order 👍

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Just went throught his with new 22 Willy's:
1) Remove Jeep fender badge & Wrangler decal
2) Add Jeep Splat fender decal
3) Add 1941 hood decal
4) Replace OEM footwell lighting with new red LED bulbs
5) Add black hinged gas cover

NDRugby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon
Just went throught his with new 22 Willy's:
1) Remove Jeep fender badge & Wrangler decal
2) Add Jeep Splat fender decal
3) Add 1941 hood decal
4) Replace OEM footwell lighting with new red LED bulbs
5) Add black hinged gas cover
What bulbs did you use? Where did you get them? I was looking to do Blue LED strips, but just changing th ebulbs might be a better idea. TIA

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
In no particular order:
-Tazer
-Front, rear, and cargo area slush mats
-Throttle controller
-B&M Racing extended transfer case lever
-A large budget to do more than just scratch the surface

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
In no particular order:
-Tazer
-Front, rear, and cargo area slush mats
-Throttle controller
-B&M Racing extended transfer case lever
-A large budget to do more than just scratch the surface
With the B&M Racing extended transfer case lever ... .can you position it so the knob is farther away from your knee?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
With the B&M Racing extended transfer case lever ... .can you position it so the knob is farther away from your knee?
If drilled and tapped, one can orient the lever however they like. I installed mine in the position it was designed for. I'm 5'11" and have an evenly proportionate build. With my foot on the throttle, the lever doesn't force my knee out of its normal position before adding it.

In its designed position, the knob is in a more ergonomic location and feels more natural when grabbing to shift on the fly. Here's a couple pics of the lever in different drive modes, taken from my point of view when looking down and my foot on the throttle...
Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? 20201105_092810
Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? 20201105_092900
Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? 20201105_092940

Here's a couple more that show that the lever doesn't at all interfere with grabbing and using the ebrake. The knob just lightly grazes the back of my hand, while not requiring a change in how the handle is gripped...
Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? 20201121_114325
Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? 20201121_114337

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
If drilled and tapped, one can orient the lever however they like. I installed mine in the position it was designed for. I'm 5'11" and have an evenly proportionate build. With my foot on the throttle, the lever doesn't force my knee out of its normal position before adding it.

In its designed position, the knob is in a more ergonomic location and feels more natural when grabbing to shift on the fly. Here's a couple pics of the lever in different drive modes, taken from my point of view when looking down and my foot on the throttle...
Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? 20201121_114337

Here's a couple more that show that the lever doesn't at all interfere with grabbing and using the ebrake. The knob just lightly grazes the back of my hand, while not requiring a change in how the handle is gripped...
I had the same thing with my manual and loved it. If they made one ID'd with the full time 4wd I would do it again. Nice job!

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
What bulbs did you use? Where did you get them? I was looking to do Blue LED strips, but just changing th ebulbs might be a better idea. TIA
Wasn't just a bulb switch. I removed/cut out the original footwell lighting piece and replaced with a new lighting socket and bulb from Pep Boys. This way the footwell lighting works same as original regarding when door is open etc...The bulb is a 194 LED bulb.

Footwell light.JPG

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350

Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? Footwell light.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? Footwell light.JPG

THAT is exactly what I needed. I had to take my factory knob off because it was digging into my knee. This raises it up enough so it will not. PERFECT. THANKS!

Sponsored

Willus

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JL
A nice set of hood latches. I love my grab handles from smitty built. Wouldn't recommend the cheap version. And oh yeah my first mod. A passenger eject button. Looks stock and gets a double take and a chuckle every time!

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
A nice set of hood latches. I love my grab handles from smitty built. Wouldn't recommend the cheap version. And oh yeah my first mod. A passenger eject button. Looks stock and gets a double take and a chuckle every time!
A nice set of *locking* hood latches!

DaveL
Toronto

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
What is the top-5 JL accessories / modifications (minor) most Jeepers do? I would have to say these are the top 5 MUST HAVES that are most important to me (no specific order):
1. Antenna (paint the OEM black or replace it with a stubby)
2. Center console tray
3. Window tint
4. Mobile device mount/cradle (RAM)
5. Gas cap door

**Runner ups are removing the front bumper to fender flare euro panels, wheel locks and all-weather floor mats (front, rear and trunk).
Great thread! These threads about essential kit are always my favorite to read but my bank account hates them:)

1) Rear side(s) storage bags (Overland Outfitters Sherpa Saddle Bag)
2) Seatbelt keeper for rear belts (SpiderShade-prevents flapping in wind with top or doors off)
3) Cargo liner (WeatherTech)
4) Aux wiring connection point (Badge Glow "Simple Aux")
5) Headliner (OEM for me, better or different ones out there)

The saddle bags are probably the most essential in terms of keeping stuff clutter-free in my 2-door. But all the others (minor to install for everything) are super useful too. One thing I am extremely glad I did was install the Badge Glow Simple Aux wiring connection point. Instead of just connecting light wires to the loose under-hood aux wires, it provides a block that's organized and looks great. Makes installing new lights or electronics a breeze and it's grounded too. Highly recommend. Even if you don't have aux wires, it's quite handy. Picture below.
Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? Simple Aux Photo

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
1.) Qi charger built into console arm rest
2.) Shrockworks rock sliders
3.) Bestop Sunrider folding roof