Top-5 Accessories / Modifications (minor)

jimcoffey62

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 2 door sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
ENGINEER
Ditto on the sand - so does that actually happen (diag port getting fried by salt?). I've never heard of that and my JK was in the sand/salt 250+ days a year for the better part of it's 15 years. Also - sand/salt - Armorlite, best purchase. I have the molle as well, just with Bartact seat covers.
Here is the thread from the guy who got mud in his ODBII port.

OBDll Port Cover / OBDll Port Protection | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

usmamg

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Corvette, 2022 Rubicon ER
Here is my list

Metal Molle Panels over driver and passenger

Weathertech phone holder in cup opening

Yeasu xdr 400 attached to Molle rack

side steps rails

a frame lights spot and flood
1659655028138.jpeg

1659655090284.jpeg

MZ77

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2 door
Just got my Jeep in July! Had most of this ready to go way ahead of getting it!
1. Grab handles...love them! got 2 for the rear of my 2 door as well
2. Sill guards...really like them!
3. All weather floor matts...off brand and fit great for 1/2 the price!
4. 13" stubby antena..works great regardless of what some may say
5. Hitch for cargo carrier and cargo carrier...haven't used it yet but will be ready!

2nd 5.....
6. Screen protector for touch screen..easy to apply and clean
7. Just got a cab rain cover...have had then top off and half doors on all summer..great pick up!
8. Center console organizer
9. center console attachment...really like this as well for keys
10. D/C mini car vac

3rd 5...
11. Mesh bikini top...best addition on those hot/sunny days
12. Towel seat cover/protectors from Quadratec...love these when I'm sweaty/dirty...keep in trunk
13. J/L cup holder inserts..look pretty cool
14. Small roll bar storage bag..1 for each side..form sunglasses..these are great
15. Dead pedal...like it but forget it is there sometimes.

I fell into the trap.....!

HushHouse254

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
How do you like the Barricade Rails? I’ve been leaning towards them as a good middle of the road option to cover the pinch seam and add a step
The rails are a good compromise. They hide the pinch weld while providing about 4in of width for foot step. Good build quality. They do weigh about 25lbs each. Easy install and they fit with the installed splash guards. Mopar options can be expensive. Aftermarket options are plenty but it was tough to find a step that had less than a 6 in width. The conundrum was finding something that provided a foot step while not being awkward while exiting. So in the end, good value for money, looks good and performs as expected.

Ctayman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I was going to ask why a fuel door, but apparently 37% of the Wranglers don't have one!?! I also didn't realize that some were powered. I'm guessing that that's a Sahara thing.

4xe has power opening fuel doors.

surfyjeeper

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
5. Hitch for cargo carrier and cargo carrier...haven't used it yet but will be ready!

2nd 5.....
7. Just got a cab rain cover...have had then top off and half doors on all summer..great pick up!
10. D/C mini car vac

3rd 5...
12. Towel seat cover/protectors from Quadratec...love these when I'm sweaty/dirty...keep in trunk
14. Small roll bar storage bag..1 for each side..form sunglasses..these are great

Quite the list! We have almost the same top 5.

I got grab handles right away, mine are made of black paracord. I love them, except the straps didn't reach around the roll bar on the back, but I bought some longer ones and now I have a bunch of extra velcro straps. Comes in handy when topless/doorless.

Got sill guards right away too, I don't notice them too much but they definitely clean the look up and I'm sure they're good for my paint. Especially doorless with a habit of sticking a leg out.

So I bought my Jeep used with 20k miles, and the previous owner had already done a bunch of work. I pretty much scored there. He did some big stuff, like a Mopar lift and a really nice set of Smittybilt sliders, but he also had already gotten it set up with the stubby antenna and all weather mats. OEM mats front & rear, and a Weathertech in the back. I cut holes in the Weathertech to access the cargo clips but otherwise I've been really happy with that stuff.

The hitch is the one thing I don't have yet. I don't really have a need for towing, but I like a D-hook on a trailer hitch better than the open tow hook on my stock rear bumper. I'm assuming that was a pretty easy install?

Haven't gotten too far into your other lists here. Planning on getting a Tuffy lockbox for the console, haven't yet. For rain/shade, I could have gotten away without it but I found an OEM soft top early on and love it for going otherwise doorless/topless. i never put the back windows in, just use it like a foldable shade. Feels like a pontoon boat awning.

I wish the manual had room for a dead pedal, lol. Out the door on the step is pretty comfy.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The hitch is the one thing I don't have yet. I'm assuming that was a pretty easy install?
Dead simple.

The tow harness, less so. But one thing at a time here. ;)

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Manual, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392
Vehicle Showcase
Odd, mine still fold flat with the cup holder🤷‍♂️.

edit…Maybe it’s pushing in on the padded cushion, but I slept in it the other day while camping with no issue.
Just an FYI, I had to place a heavy object on seat (my tire carrier when it snapped off) with the cup holder change and it punctured the headrest when it was folded. I now remove the headrest when I have to lay it down just to be safe.

Bulletbill

First Name
Bullet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just an FYI, I had to place a heavy object on seat (my tire carrier when it snapped off) with the cup holder change and it punctured the headrest when it was folded. I now remove the headrest when I have to lay it down just to be safe.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
Willys_Wonka

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys JLU

2nd 5.....
10. D/C mini car vac

3rd 5...

The upgrades and accessories are endless, lol. I just ordered a set of front mud flaps.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
This was actually my first mod. A beach parking sticker.
92648EEA-F34F-4699-AF4A-B255CBCA0BB5.jpeg
@jimcoffey62

Seems you may be like me.... spending lots of time beach side.

With that said ....... along with an OBD2 cover to keep sand out of the OBD2 port, do consider buying a set of Threedom key hole covers.

The key hole covers keep salt water mist, sand and other crapola. They also look great.... they add contrast and personalization, etc..

Here are 2 of my favorite beachy covers. I also like the Palm Tree, @Threedom offers. In regard to caps, they have over 23 different designs. Covers for wheel centers, key holes, wiper arms and badges.

Wave
76_wave.png

Turtle
84_Turtle.png

Last edited:

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Is this with the regular stock speakers or did you do this with the Alpine sound system speakers?
I have the Alpine. While I am far from an audiophile, I think the better dash speakers clean up the highs significantly without being too bright.

Smart Stop Start