Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I had a tire deflator similar to the one you listed. It worked fine and I still keep it in the Jeep. However, THESE are AMAZING if you routinely deflate your tires. Screw one onto each tire and within about 2 minutes, all 4 tires are deflated to the preset tire pressure. It takes all the guess work out of getting the tire pressure just right. And it frees you up to take care of other tasks for getting off the pavement.

https://www.coyoteents.com/product/coyote-automatic-tire-deflator-4-56-psi/

I learned about them after I bought a tire deflator similar to yours. I couldn't bring myself to replace the deflator with these since I already had something that worked. My wife bought them for me as a birthday gift. After the first use, I was convinced they're absolutely worth buying to replace an existing tire deflator. I used them for riding on the beach on Assateague Island, hitting some forrest trails at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, and in the desert while running Fins & Things in Moab this past weekend. I can't recommend these enough!
I wonder if those are any better / worse than the Stauns. I also wonder if they take altitude into account when presetting them to a specific PSI. 16psi at sea level would be about 12psi at my place.
Sponsored

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
I wonder if those are any better / worse than the Stauns. I also wonder if they take altitude into account when presetting them to a specific PSI. 16psi at sea level would be about 12psi at my place.
I can’t speak to their quality compared to another brand, but mine are robust and held up well.
As to the difference at sea level, mine are set to 12 psi. On the beach (sea level), they deflated to exactly 12 psi. In Moab last week (elevation was roughly 4,000 ft), they deflated to exactly 12 psi.

HushHouse254

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I’m considering front mud flaps, but have rock rails (Willys JLU). I took a look underneath and only see two rivet/ screws, so is drilling going to be required? I believe the Rubicon flaps are needed because of the rock rails..

543B8E70-B331-453A-B281-F582FC0E93CB.jpeg

547FF6F0-29F9-4911-A413-C3ECED99A55E.jpeg
WeatherTech makes flaps that will fit with your rails and they do not require any drilling.

mna-110097_xl.jpg

WheretheJLs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hydro Blue Rubicon XR
1. Additional grab handles (not a fan of factory location)
2. Clean film on door sills and hinges
3. Rust proof (live in NE Ohio)
4. Window tint
5. Remove “high tide” decals

*Bonus* extra hair ties on the shifter for the wife!!
I see you have the High Tide trim.

How much did you pay?
Why did you choose it over the other trims?
What other options did you have?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Willys_Wonka

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Are the plugs actually part of the oem mats? My mats, 2022 Willys 2dr, have a plug built in.
Are the plugs actually part of the oem mats? My mats, 2022 Willys 2dr, have a plug built in.
Door sill guards. Clear film works even better.

Front mud flaps if you don’t want the paint on your door hinges chipped.

Be aware that a stubby antenna will hinder reception.
The oem mats come with plugs but they are “under” the carpet below the mat. There are carpet cut outs in the event to drain the cab, but I chose to keep those in place and just buy more plugs to insert into the mat holes. The plugs are cheap, about 2 bucks a piece.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I can’t speak to their quality compared to another brand, but mine are robust and held up well.
As to the difference at sea level, mine are set to 12 psi. On the beach (sea level), they deflated to exactly 12 psi. In Moab last week (elevation was roughly 4,000 ft), they deflated to exactly 12 psi.
Interesting. I think I'll hurt my brain if I try to figure out why it's the same. How were you measuring the pressure?

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
I got 4 of the automatic deflators along with the dial as a package deal. I haven't used them yet. Waiting for my air pump to arrive. Any trick on setting them to a specific pressure?
I'm not sure how other brands work, but the Coyote brand has a collar you loosen before turning the set bolt to either increase or decrease the pre-set pressure. Then tighten the collar to lock in the new pressure setting.

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Interesting. I think I'll hurt my brain if I try to figure out why it's the same. How were you measuring the pressure?
I measure the result with a tire pressure gauge as well as checking my dash readout for the tire pressure (trust but verify). 12 psi every time.

I'm assuming it works regardless of elevation because the springs inside the deflators aren't affected by the change in altitude. 12 psi is 12 psi regardless of altitude. It's the air that changes density, resulting in the difference in air pressure. The device measuring said pressure isn't impacted.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
All weather floor mats
Sill guards
Grab handles
Infotainment screen protector
Tinted Windows
3m film on hinges
Rokblokz front mud flaps
Recovery gear-straps, shackles
Tire deflators
On board air

Saving up for a winch and bumper and when the time comes, 35" rubber.

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
JTops mesh top listed 5 times. :clap:

Seriously

- Rear Seat Bracket mod for room
-J Tops Mesh Top
- Tazor Mini
- On Board Air (though going to change to under hood mounted compressors)
- Removal of T-Case Knob for room

SquallJeep

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I’m considering front mud flaps, but have rock rails (Willys JLU). I took a look underneath and only see two rivet/ screws, so is drilling going to be required? I believe the Rubicon flaps are needed because of the rock rails..

543B8E70-B331-453A-B281-F582FC0E93CB.jpeg

547FF6F0-29F9-4911-A413-C3ECED99A55E.jpeg
I have the RokBlokz and love them. They came with the cutouts and work great. I went with black flaps with a black logo. I went with just the front kit - https://rokblokz.com/collections/je...018-mud-flaps-half-kit?variant=15701150466091

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Here's mine (in no particular order):

- Quadratec Stubby Antenna
- Quadratec Door Sill Guards