Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thanks to UT they're only 50-state legal if you don't remove the steel bumper extensions. Or at least wait until the trailhead to take them off and put them back on before you drive home.

Joy.
I looked up the Utah law and mine definitely don't extend to the center of the tire treads. I'll risk an infraction whenever I drive in Utah.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I looked up the Utah law and mine definitely don't extend to the center of the tire treads. I'll risk an infraction whenever I drive in Utah.
Would a vehicle with an out of state license plate be at risk of such an infraction? The Utah Code that you link to makes no distinction.

Vehicles with, for example, Florida plates and tinting that exceeds PA's strict standards on the matter are generally safe from the related citation (whereas I wouldn't be) when driving through the Keystone State.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
When I lived in California I drove my 2011 Power Wagon to Utah and got pulled over for tires sticking out too far . I didn't get a ticket but was told to get it fixed before I came up to Utah again. He told me the laws are for all vehicles from all states. I decided to not spend the money on fender flares and risk the ticket if I got pulled over again.

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Guess I missed this thread over the summer. I couldn't choose just 5, but here's my running list of mods/accessories (some major, most minor).

That’s a cool add, but I’m running a spydershade under the Freedom panels. It’s awesome on those intense sunny days!

B46DCD4D-F32B-4690-8CE1-D64837E521E1.jpeg
I ended up running my sun shade over the top of the overhead molle panel and so far I have no issues.

Last edited:

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
ECRI and the hood alarm update!

Sponsored

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Just got my Jeep in July! Had most of this ready to go way ahead of getting it!
1. Grab handles...love them! got 2 for the rear of my 2 door as well
2. Sill guards...really like them!
3. All weather floor matts...off brand and fit great for 1/2 the price!
4. 13" stubby antena..works great regardless of what some may say
5. Hitch for cargo carrier and cargo carrier...haven't used it yet but will be ready!

2nd 5.....
6. Screen protector for touch screen..easy to apply and clean
7. Just got a cab rain cover...have had then top off and half doors on all summer..great pick up!
8. Center console organizer
9. center console attachment...really like this as well for keys
10. D/C mini car vac

3rd 5...
11. Mesh bikini top...best addition on those hot/sunny days
12. Towel seat cover/protectors from Quadratec...love these when I'm sweaty/dirty...keep in trunk
13. J/L cup holder inserts..look pretty cool
14. Small roll bar storage bag..1 for each side..form sunglasses..these are great
15. Dead pedal...like it but forget it is there sometimes.

I fell into the trap.....!
Which roll bar storage bag did you go with?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
in rough order of priority; pick your fav 5.

dead pedal
fire extinguisher (and mount)
wheel locks
locking fuel cap
rear seat gap hider
cargo area liner
runner and 'biners for dog restraint
grab handles
tire deflators (and a portable pump)
HotHeads headliner (with Sound Assassin)
OBD II plug cover
Red Line Hood Lift Struts

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Would a vehicle with an out of state license plate be at risk of such an infraction? The Utah Code that you link to makes no distinction.

Vehicles with, for example, Florida plates and tinting that exceeds PA's strict standards on the matter are generally safe from the related citation (whereas I wouldn't be) when driving through the Keystone State.
Ive been popped in VA for too dark window tint (as well as speeding ... maybe) with NC plates and the cop said "Our laws are still our laws and you have to abide by them when traveling through our state." So while it may seem like its BS they definitely can get you for it since each state does have their own laws which you cant ignore while you are there.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
In no particular order of importance
Rear receiver hitch
Front Receiver Hitch
Side running boards to block slush/ dirt from sides of Jeep
Splash guards for above
Bolt Hood Lock
Teraflex Grab handles for Hardtop ( makes removing it an easy 2 person job)
Vent Visor shades ,2 door, allows windows to be open a few inches, no rain in, cuts glare
Alien Sun shade

Kleiss1

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD 2018 Mustang GT 6-sp.
Occupation
Retired
What’s a l “rear seat gap hider”?

Sponsored

NDRugby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon
My 5

Went on the Jeep before leaving the dealer:
- Screen Protector
- Stubby Antenna

After:
- Door hangers & bags (especially since I have dual doors)
- Cab cover
- Soft top storage boot

JeepGyrene

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel

As a retired police officer in PA, allow me to clarify a bit on the "generally safe" status you mentioned. It is only good so far as a police officer's discretion. The letter of the law applies to any vehicle operated on PA highways. A driver/vehicle is not exempt from PA law simply because they are licensed/registered in another state. Just like a person is subject to the law of whatever state they're in, so is a vehicle. Doesn't matter if they're (person or vehicle) from Alaska, Hawaii, or a local.

OP
OP
Willys_Wonka

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
As a retired police officer in PA, allow me to clarify a bit on the "generally safe" status you mentioned. It is only good so far as a police officer's discretion. The letter of the law applies to any vehicle operated on PA highways. A driver/vehicle is not exempt from PA law simply because they are licensed/registered in another state. Just like a person is subject to the law of whatever state they're in, so is a vehicle. Doesn't matter if they're (person or vehicle) from Alaska, Hawaii, or a local.
Some states I believe still don’t have yearly vehicle inspections. When I was stationed in CA twenty years ago they only had a smog test to pass, so there were vehicles driving around without hoods, ect.. Many PA jeep owners run two sets of tires/wheels just for inspection.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Some states I believe still don’t have yearly vehicle inspections. When I was stationed in CA twenty years ago they only had a smog test to pass, so there were vehicles driving around without hoods, ect.. Many PA jeep owners run two sets of tires/wheels just for inspection.
My state doesn't require vehicle inspections of any kind. Instead, we have ridiculously high prices for our state tags.

OP
OP
Willys_Wonka

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
My state doesn't require vehicle inspections of any kind. Instead, we have ridiculously high prices for our state tags.
State tags meaning annual vehicle registration? We got that, too.
Sponsored