Sponsored

Raven99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Clubs

How’s the Best top improved over the freedom tops?
The best part of having a besttop is that from a seated, belted in, position I can open or close the top in about 4 seconds. I never have to put it in park & get out of the car to sequentially take one and then other top off to transfer them to the rear (or in reverse putting them back on) and I don't have the bulky freedom panels taking up space and rattling around the back of the jeep. Having a 2 door there is limited space in the back even with the back seat folded forward. The besttop is the true freedom top IMO. Love it
Sponsored

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
I’m considering front mud flaps, but have rock rails (Willys JLU). I took a look underneath and only see two rivet/ screws, so is drilling going to be required? I believe the Rubicon flaps are needed because of the rock rails..

543B8E70-B331-453A-B281-F582FC0E93CB.jpeg

547FF6F0-29F9-4911-A413-C3ECED99A55E.jpeg
I just installed rokblokz on a 2022 Willys. Took about a half hour, no drilling. They look pretty cool in my opinion. They have a cutout that fits around the rock rail.

Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? IMG_20220721_100105316

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hmm... in no particular order...

1.) 13 inch antenna
2.) Rubber mats up front
3.) Fuel door
4.) Center console storage
5.) Paracord grab handles

6.) Replace Halogen bulbs with LED bulbs if necessary
I was going to ask why a fuel door, but apparently 37% of the Wranglers don't have one!?! I also didn't realize that some were powered. I'm guessing that that's a Sahara thing.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I was going to ask why a fuel door, but apparently 37% of the Wranglers don't have one!?! I also didn't realize that some were powered. I'm guessing that that's a Sahara thing.
Yep. Not standard on the Sport S.

OP
OP
Willys_Wonka

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
The best part of having a besttop is that from a seated, belted in, position I can open or close the top in about 4 seconds. I never have to put it in park & get out of the car to sequentially take one and then other top off to transfer them to the rear (or in reverse putting them back on) and I don't have the bulky freedom panels taking up space and rattling around the back of the jeep. Having a 2 door there is limited space in the back even with the back seat folded forward. The besttop is the true freedom top IMO. Love it
Ok, I can see freeing up more room especially with a two-door jeep. Is it a one touch operation?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Willys_Wonka

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
I just installed rokblokz on a 2022 Willys. Took about a half hour, no drilling. They look pretty cool in my opinion. They have a cutout that fits around the rock rail.

Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? IMG_20220721_100105316
Can you please share the link for them?

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
For the Willys
1. Paint the chrome antenna black
2. Remove the stupid 4 Wheel Drive decal
3. Black covers for the outside door locks (only chrome left is wheel lugs)
4. Adjust the Steering Box
5. Hang dog tags on rearview mirror
Not sure why Jeep uses the chrome wheel lugs, especially on all black rims.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Ok, I can see freeing up more room especially with a two-door jeep. Is it a one touch operation?
That's the Sky One-Touch. All other factory tops are manual.

Sponsored

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Went to order the 8.4 screen protector from Mopar last week and placed order but today this email.

Good Morning,

I am very sorry, but these are on BACKORDER. The orders are pended until December. I am going to cancel this order

Thanks!

Hope Chamberlain
Mopar Parts Depot

Anyone know who might have these other than Mopar?
Not sure about the Mopar screen protector but Amazon has a slew of choices. And just in case you need to protect your screen from an explosion you can get this one, hahaha

Screenshot_20220802-063829.png