Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Replaced the dash storage with RAM mount and added an additional cup holder to the back seat area.

EA2D25C8-0A21-4646-90EB-50E8C1B1E89B.jpeg

DD939180-EC39-4041-838F-1D99D2AB88C2.jpeg

419EAC54-4758-4613-AD75-046243EEF5E8.jpeg
Do you have a link to that cup holder???
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Thanks, did you get XL and how the install? I only see two “looks to be” pop screws with a flush head to remove. Also, I’m not running tires with any poke, 285/70/17.
Haven't purchased yet myself, but with factory 33" was planning on just getting a set of regular size for just the fronts. But with the new crash beam being installed in that same spot on MY23 (and some 22s), I'm not sure if that's even an option for me now. Otherwise, the install doesn't look too complicated.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You didn't already have cup holders in the rear??
No, it only had the center arm rest cup holder in the back. It came with the map/ coin holder in the pic with the tire in the background.

Not sure why, but there never seems to be enough cup holders for my daughters so it was a necessary upgrade.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FYI - JLs with the rear center armrest don’t get the console cupholders to allow the rear seat to fold down flat.

Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? 1659450370538

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
FYI - JLs with the rear center armrest don’t get the console cupholders to allow the rear seat to fold down flat.

1659450370538.jpeg
Odd, mine still fold flat with the cup holder🤷‍♂️.

edit…Maybe it’s pushing in on the padded cushion, but I slept in it the other day while camping with no issue.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Odd, mine still fold flat with the cup holder🤷‍♂️.
You might not want to apply too much weight where the center headrest meets the console cupholders, though.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Top-5 Accessories / Minor Modifications - Your List? 1659450370538
Ahhh, I didn't realize that there were different back seat options. I'm guessing that means you can't do things like the 40% Goose Gear seat delete since the bottom appears to be one piece.

Sponsored

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
Thanks, did you get XL and how the install? I only see two “looks to be” pop screws with a flush head to remove. Also, I’m not running tires with any poke, 285/70/17.
I did not get the larger size. Stock tires and that pic shows how they stick out plenty far. Easy install of about a half hour.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Not sure why Jeep uses the chrome wheel lugs, especially on all black rims.
Those same lug nuts are used on a variety of CDJR vehicles (as was plainly evident when I shopped my dealer's lot inventory).

Pure parts bin stuff; an easy decision for the accountants.

OP
OP
Willys_Wonka

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Haven't purchased yet myself, but with factory 33" was planning on just getting a set of regular size for just the fronts. But with the new crash beam being installed in that same spot on MY23 (and some 22s), I'm not sure if that's even an option for me now. Otherwise, the install doesn't look too complicated.
I just ordered a set for the front in regular size. Once installed, I'll report back with pictures and review. The site states up to 34" for regular size.

Reactions: AFD
OP
OP
Willys_Wonka

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Ahhh, I didn't realize that there were different back seat options. I'm guessing that means you can't do things like the 40% Goose Gear seat delete since the bottom appears to be one piece.
I also noticed the leather interior models have the passenger grab handle wrapped, so you can't install any mounting option on it, such as a 1" ball for a RAM.

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
I had a tire deflator similar to the one you listed. It worked fine and I still keep it in the Jeep. However, THESE are AMAZING if you routinely deflate your tires. Screw one onto each tire and within about 2 minutes, all 4 tires are deflated to the preset tire pressure. It takes all the guess work out of getting the tire pressure just right. And it frees you up to take care of other tasks for getting off the pavement.

https://www.coyoteents.com/product/coyote-automatic-tire-deflator-4-56-psi/

I learned about them after I bought a tire deflator similar to yours. I couldn't bring myself to replace the deflator with these since I already had something that worked. My wife bought them for me as a birthday gift. After the first use, I was convinced they're absolutely worth buying to replace an existing tire deflator. I used them for riding on the beach on Assateague Island, hitting some forrest trails at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, and in the desert while running Fins & Things in Moab this past weekend. I can't recommend these enough!
Sponsored