First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
It'a JEEP.

It has CHARACTER and history.

99% of those listed items would either reduce that, or increase the price.

Personally, I don't want either of those things to happen.

I knew what I was getting when I signed up.

I am thankful to have a vehicle that is so much fun - that I willingly pay the admission price.
Probably the best post ever on this forum. This guy gets it!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Right up in the cubby where the windshield is. Thats where my phone goes anyway.
I run a USB power bank in the windshield cubby and ran power up to it behind the dash. it is a simple mod and takes about 30 minutes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Top 10 things Jeep should have done 1611232122996

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Trailer brake controller should be included with trailer tow package.
You would think for the cost of the tow package, the controller would be a factory built in component.

Sponsored

kgibbs29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Genesis G80 Sport
I owned a 18 JLUR, then went to a truck, now back into a JLUR. Love it but I wish they'd fix some simple things and offer some things from Factory. Here's my top 10 from simple to more complex.

4. Wireless Apple Car Play vs having to plug in a wire. We have self driving car tech now, it can't be hard to cut the usb cord.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I believe this is called Uconnect 5. Anyone have insight as to when Wranglers, specifically 4xe, will be updated with Uconnect 5?

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Occupation
Retired fabricator and mechanic
Change to 8" or wider wheels. My Rubicon came off the lot with the upgraded wheels. With the high fenders, 35"s can be fitted without lifting.
Too bad the Jeep's wheels are only 7.5" wide, too narrow for 35"s, which need a minimum of 8" wide wheels.
Jeep evidently wants to sell more aftermarket wheels.

Add more interior tie-downs, everything should be strapped down when off-roading.

Thread the welded-in inserts on the roll bars, so accessories can be bolted on.
BTW, the un-threaded inserts in my 2020 JL's roll bars can be threaded for 3/8" thread bolts.
I needed more attachment points for a CO2 tank bracket.

Add more travel to the seats, I'm only 5'11" and could use additional travel. The 2-door doesn't fit large men well.
Add a second set of rear seat mounts, so the seat can be moved forward. The rear seat doesn't need so much leg room, especially for kids. This would increase the minimal storage space behind the rear seat.
My wife is short and moves the seat all the way forward. In that position, the rear-view mirror does not rotate downward enough for her to use it. Our jeep has the safety system, with the camera mounted above the mirror, it cannot be flipped over, as some have done.

Design the front bumper and frame so the bumper could be moved rearward if a winch is not installed, to reduce the front overhang and overall length.

Add a Factory skid plate package to the Options list and make it stock on the Rubicons.
Lift the muffler higher, so an expensive aftermarket exhaust isn't needed.
Jeeps should come stock with better skid plates. The engine, transmission and the 180-degree exhaust pipe and muffler are all too exposed to damage.

Add optional, frame-mounted rock bars with fittings, or holes, for use with high-lift jacks, do the same with the steel bumpers. Sliding jacks have hurt a lot of people.

Add spring-loaded, safety clips to the front and rear tow points, to prevent a rope or cable from slipping off.

Relocate the power window controls back to the door.

Redesign the fenders so they can be easily removed without breaking the clips.

Allow unlocking the sway bar in 2WD and 4H., without the expense of a Tazer.

Bigger gas tank, please. My old Cherokees have bigger tanks than the 2-door JL (and a lot more storage).

Have the Mopar flat towing wiring kit installed as a Factory option. Include wiring for a tow brake system, a requirement in most states when a vehicle is towed.
Design the steel front bumper to accept a tow bar.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Add more electrical parts and gadgets. Have the computer running all the electric power crap in M area that road spray can regularly get to it.

One improvement they did do was the easy access oil filter. :like:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Hell, I would be glad if they just made a sensor for the rear locker on the Rubicon that didn't fail and require the replacement of the whole axle. I find it fucking ridiculous that a guy can figure out that if you drill two holes in the sensor and fill it with silicone that it will not fail or a company can make a wiring harness to bypass the sensor and yet Jeep and Dana has not been able to fix the problem in three years. How hard can it be to properly seal up a sensor so that diff fluid does not leak into it?

Rubicons getting three and four axle swaps over a bad sensor. WTF Jeep, Jeep Engineers, Dana Engineers and FCA in general. Get your shit together. Stop making @JeepCares apologize for your short commings.

DirtyCreeker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 JLU Rubicon
Some of the ideas I‘ve seen offered make me think that some people really don’t want a Jeep. Seems like they just want an SUV. But some other ideas have been great.

I’d like to see them go to no trim packages and let you completely build your own.

Start with just a very basic model and go up from there.

Want locking diffs and manual windows? Done.
Want the bigger screen, but no radio? Done
Don‘t want AC? Done

Build it up with certain features and you qualify for optional Sahara, or Rubicon, or whatever badging and decals that are a free option. Something like, “your build qualifies for Rubicon status, would you like to add Rubicon lettering at no cost?”

Sponsored

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport, 2005 TJ Sport, 2000 TJ Sport
10 things! Heck, I would settle for front leg room! How much crap do you have to put into the center area of the dash? I lowered the rear of the seat 1.5" and moved the whole thing back 1" so I now kinda fit at 6' 5". I know, taller than average. But I fit in my old CJ just fine, TONS of room with that simple flat dash. And I fit so much better in my 20 year old TJ. So front clip of the CJ-7, interior of the TJ, heated seats of the JLU please.

Water draining in on me when I open the door... I expect that kind of crap design from FCA. I don't remember my CJ doing that to me as much honestly.

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
A small nitpick thing nobody mentioned.. a sun visor that when extended covers the entire drive side window. No matter what, the sun seems to find that 2” gap right into my eyes (I did say it was nitpicking :) ).

Lots of other good suggestion that I won’t repeat.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

add a Power driver’s seat.
delete the feature that prevents the vehicle from moving when the driver‘s door is open.
The door thing is unlikely to happen. Too many people doing stupid things got run over by their own vehicles, and I believe it is mandated now.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
This might already listed, but:
Make the drivers seat go back another inch or so. I am 6’0 and I find myself always trying to move the seat back.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
This might already listed, but:
Make the drivers seat go back another inch or so. I am 6’0 and I find myself always trying to move the seat back.
I bet. I’m 5’7” and drive with the seat at the farthest position.
Sponsored