Sponsored

Top 10 things Jeep should have done

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I own a 2020 JLUR, and would have appreciated a lower price tag. They are a depreciating object and like most things in the world, over priced in my opinion. Over priced by how much, that is an individual's opinion.
I would love to save money too. Who wouldn't? Objectively Wranglers have sold in unprecedented numbers for years now despite price increases. The used market commands top resale value for any vehicle. Suggesting "lower the prices" in light of this is not a reasonable suggestion. The market goes by what people will pay, not feelings.
Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
3. thru 9. Eliminate seven overlapping JL sub-models to make the selection process clearer
10. Allow ala carte option ordering for the JL models that remain
^ This!
Also, build another factory so I can get my next delivery in less time ;)

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I own a 2020 JLUR, and would have appreciated a lower price tag. They are a depreciating object and like most things in the world, over priced in my opinion. Over priced by how much, that is an individual's opinion.
Is the JL overpriced if you and 200k other people per year are choosing to buy them? The market dictates pricing and as long as they're selling 200k jeeps per year at the current pricing, they'd be dumb to reduce prices. If anything, FCA will keep increasing pricing until demand slows a bit as they have done a few times since early 2018. The bronco may also hurt sales and motivate FCA to offer more incentives.

Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I would bet most or all of these would come when they refresh the Wrangler.

1) Rear view mirror camera
2) Wireless charging pad
3) Wireless carplay
4) Better charging port in cargo area
5) Cargo lighting
6) Fix the corrosion on the / at the hinges finally after all these years

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Is the JL overpriced if you and 200k other people per year are choosing to buy them? The market dictates pricing and as long as they're selling 200k jeeps per year at the current pricing, they'd be dumb to reduce prices. If anything, FCA will keep increasing pricing until demand slows a bit as they have done a few times since early 2018. The bronco may also hurt sales and motivate FCA to offer more incentives.
As a consumer, lower prices are always welcome. I understand they sell them at their high prices like hot cakes and makes zero sense for them to lower the price.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
A/C seats option from the factory for those of us who wanted it. More headroom. Passenger seat height adjustment. Power adjusted pedals for my short wife. Better head rests for front/rear. Charging/data port in top dash tray. Seven-way electric adjustable seats with driver 1/2 memory settings for those of us who opt for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepmarkjl

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
How about just adding purpose-built, easy to access plugs for us DIY folks to run wires or antenna cables through the firewall?
wish I could like this post more than once. so...LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE.

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
To repeat what others that have already been listed, and a few I didn't see on others list:

1. Water temp & oil gauges that have actual temps on the dash (you can get these on the off road pages)
2. Clips instead of screws for the air filter
3. Only 1 battery, or at least 2 normal sized batteries that are easy to access
4. A button to turn ESS off until I want it turned back on (which is never)
5. Front cam to aid in placing tires on the rocks
6. Fold down Tailgate option (Bought a kit for my old 2001 TJ, it was great! - Spare was on an aftermarket bumper w/swing arm )
7. Defroster that defrosts somewhere other than the middle.
8. Auto-up windows

Also, someone several pages back wanted to lower the center of gravity ... um, if you do that, you can't really take it off road and have fun, and it wouldn't be a Jeep. It would be a sedan

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Is the JL overpriced if you and 200k other people per year are choosing to buy them?
Of course the market dictates what price a company can ask and get for their goods. But that doesn't mean it's not overpriced. Every JL trim is a bit overpriced. But that's out of the gate. Most people will manage to haggle and get something more reasonable.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, I have to address the “overpriced” question. I believe the jeep isn’t overpriced... in the sense that FCA sells them. There isn’t a 250 day supply of jeeps sitting on dealer lots. That means that people are willing to pay what dealers are asking for them.

However- I could entertain the argument that they’re overpriced in the sense that the MSRP is too high. How many people here paid MSRP for their jeep? Very few; or at least very few will admit it. I paid a little under invoice for mine. So for me, my jeep’s msrp was overpriced but my jeep wasn’t, because I was willing to pay x% under MSRP for it.

Anyway, for me I can only think of two things right now:

1. larger fuel tank. The 2-door’s range is pathetic.
2. auto up windows... the rubicon package forced me into power windows; they might as well have this basic feature