Not even a blip on my radar, actually. Just a simple agreement/response to the other members post.Just curious, why is the folding windshield an issue for you?
You’re looking in the wrong placesI totally agree.. it seems gimmicky to me.. I have never seen anybody lower their windshield while off-roading, desert running or the beach.. it could lower the cost... and still make the frame strong without the added weight..
It has CHARACTER and history.
99% of those listed items would either reduce that, or increase the price.
We differ on opinions. So be it. Relax.Half door options would reduce character? ....
Metal bumper option for all trim levels would reduce character? ...
Lack of aux battery and stop/start on Sport trim would increase price? ...
Mopar lifts available from factory would reduce character? ...
Trims being about 1,000 bucks cheaper would increase price? ...
You reading the same thread I'm readin?
And what's with the people who feel obligated to pop in and make (in their minds) revelatory observations about internet forum chatter? Is this your first day on the internet? Did you read the title of the thread? If you don't wanna hear people critique, don't click on it!
I own a 2020 JLUR, and would have appreciated a lower price tag. They are a depreciating object and like most things in the world, over priced in my opinion. Over priced by how much, that is an individual's opinion.I'll never understand wanting an option we already have to become standard. If you want that option, buy a Jeep with that option. Leave Jeeps as customizable as possible for all involved. Suggesting to lower pricing when they sell like crazy and retain their value is just ignorant. One thing with this forum that amazes is the same people that complain about wanting lower pricing always have every or almost every option on their Jeep
Some ideas I'd change off my head.
1. More gearing offerings from the factory. 3.73s/4.10s available on Sports/Saharas, 4.56/4.88s available on Rubicons, etc.
2. D44s aswell as lockers should be an option for all models. All models should have a factory lift available too.
3. ESS won't be going anywhere. There's too much $$$ involved. Jeep should offer a dual battery setup with no aux like the Genesis as an option from the factory.
4. Offer a non-convertible hard top that can't be removed and is better insulated. Appeals to the overlanding crowd but I'd imagine this would offer better highway driving due to better aerodynamics. Good for the legit mallcrawling crowd too. The interior would be a lot quieter.
5. I'm not sure if the 7' and 8' UConnects have this problem. When my 5' UConnect is turned off, the time should still be displayed on the black screen. A small issue but it grinds my gears to constantly be asked "what time is it?" when I'm focusing on the road.
I think six would be great. I have used three so far but could use at least two more. 1. Winch, 2. Baja light bar, 3. Oracle rear bumper lights. Yet to install; rock lights and side lighting. Many people also use these switches for CBs.I am not being critical, truly wondering why you need 6? I cant even find enough stuff for the 4. What do you have hooked up? I am looking for ideas here!