Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It will support more than you know..... I have no idea how much that cargo weights, I heard it is not polite to ask.

1611916993294.png
I'm sorry what was the question again?

Seriously though, that roof is sagging under their combined weight. If those girls had bounced a little I'd be shocked if it didn't break through.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I'm sorry what was the question again?

Seriously though, that roof is sagging under their combined weight. If those girls had bounced a little I'd be shocked if it didn't break through.
I am SURE they bounced around. NOTE this is not my Jeep. The pic was snagged off Instagram. If those girls were on my Jeep like that, I am pretty sure my wife would beat the life out of them.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
To repeat what others that have already been listed, and a few I didn't see on others list:

1. Water temp & oil gauges that have actual temps on the dash (you can get these on the off road pages)
2. Clips instead of screws for the air filter
3. Only 1 battery, or at least 2 normal sized batteries that are easy to access
4. A button to turn ESS off until I want it turned back on (which is never)
5. Front cam to aid in placing tires on the rocks
6. Fold down Tailgate option (Bought a kit for my old 2001 TJ, it was great! - Spare was on an aftermarket bumper w/swing arm )
7. Defroster that defrosts somewhere other than the middle.
8. Auto-up windows

Also, someone several pages back wanted to lower the center of gravity ... um, if you do that, you can't really take it off road and have fun, and it wouldn't be a Jeep. It would be a sedan
How well does the jeep defrost the side windows and frost and snow we weather? I can imagine this Hass to be a simple fix by Jeep engineers for the wrangler

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I added auto up windows on mine and its one of my favorite things ive done

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Independently folding and removable rear seats. I'd love to be able to take one of them out to have more room for the dog or stuff when I've got my kiddo in her car seat.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Independently folding and removable rear seats. I'd love to be able to take one of them out to have more room for the dog or stuff when I've got my kiddo in her car seat.
You would think that Jeep/Chrysler would have the know how to do this after all, they have built over 15,000,000,000 mini vans with folding seats.

Last edited:

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Personally, I'd rather a windshield that didn't fold forward. There's plenty of history that's been carried over the generations, so seeing an end to that one little thing wouldn't leave me crying myself to sleep. Plus, it looked and functioned much better on the original, which had a thinner and flat panel. It almost completely disappeared when folded forward, whereas the thicker curved panel looks kinda off and blocks ones view.
I completely agree Mike. It's such a relatively unused feature, that of the few that have actually taken down the windshield relative to the entire ownership population, many of these people have only done it (myself included) as a "been there done that" once kind of thing. So much engineering (read $) had to go into that feature.

And if you're not doing it regularly, like say in California where not only is the warm weather conducive, but the lack of rain in some seasons allows you to (practically if not legally) remove your wipers, you might as well include with the rig not only the tools to undo the bolts, but a windshield wiper arm puller device as well.

And yet, FCA, thinking along similar lines to you and me did focus groups which shot down the idea like Coca Cola loyalists did the abandonment of original soda formula to new Coke.

It has to be the number one feature that so few use AND want to do without. Go figure!:)

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Just curious, why is the folding windshield an issue for you?
Charles, I can't speak for Mike but I can tell you that my issue with the windshield is that the cost to design it, charged back to customers, given its infrequency of use, was monies better spent on missing things.

Yes, there is a die hard core of enthusiasts who use it, and I respect them. But feature decisions are made on broad appeal....which might have you reasonable ask, "then why did this feature get included?"

And the answer is because Willy's designed the windshield to come down in WW 2 for the sole purposes of being able to crate the vehicle to ship to the war effort. Wrangler owners did not want to part with the vehicle's tradition and DNA despite never using the feature when FCA polled them prior to introducing the JL, and to make it an option would have required so many infrastructure changes to the base rig anyway to make it optionable.

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
Every JL I have test driven had wind leak problems around the windshield. Ford had considered a folding windshield for the soon to be build Bronco, but wisely decided against this little used feature.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I completely agree Mike. It's such a relatively unused feature, that of the few that have actually taken down the windshield relative to the entire ownership population, many of these people have only done it (myself included) as a "been there done that" once kind of thing. So much engineering (read $) had to go into that feature.

And if you're not doing it regularly, like say in California where not only is the warm weather conducive, but the lack of rain in some seasons allows you to (practically if not legally) remove your wipers, you might as well include with the rig not only the tools to undo the bolts, but a windshield wiper arm puller device as well.

And yet, FCA, thinking along similar lines to you and me did focus groups which shot down the idea like Coca Cola loyalists did the abandonment of original soda formula to new Coke.

It has to be the number one feature that so few use AND want to do without. Go figure!:)
Well said, Andy!

I'd be willing to bet that more owners have loosened the windshield hardware in the pursuit of fixing wind and water leaks, than those looking for the wind in the hair experience.

Also, in my humble opinion, I think more owners would appreciate the end of the front door waterfalls than the amount that would complain of not being able to fold it down.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
It will support more than you know..... I have no idea how much that cargo weights, I heard it is not polite to ask.

1611916993294.png
Something weird about that .... all meat, no potatoes.

OP
OP
Jeepmarkjl

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
yes, yes, yes. ...and once more...yes.

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
How about slide-opening, rear side windows as an option on both the 2-door and 4-door hardtop models?

On my 2-door, I get tremendous wind buffeting when the driver and passenger side windows are open at freeway speeds. Sliding open rear side windows would eliminate that.
Or make them removable (like on the one-touch roof)

DeadHead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 1996 ZJ Limited, 2002 Dodge Ram2500
Occupation
Marine construction
Jeep speed/Score International compliant roll cage
Radio/back up camera delete
Completion seats
V8 with manual transmission
Carpet delete
UHMW skid plates
Soft doors
Coil overs and hydraulic bump stops on all 4 corners
Fiberglass body panels
Muffler delete

We may not be the same... Quite honestly if my Jeep came with half the stuff a lot of you are talking about I would have bought something else. But I found a stripped sport and it's a perfect starting point.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
non-removable top, but keep the freedom panels
non-folding windshield
rain sensing wipers (like all? the other jeep models have)
1 touch up windows with switches on the doors.
8" (or larger) head unit WITHOUT the Alpine package.
spare under the tail. move the muffler and remove the stow bin.
non-body color paint for fenders/top
2nd gear start on the auto trans in AUTO (select M for 1st gear starts)
winch wiring preinstalled.
larger side mirrors
marker/signal on the mirrors
longer seat tracks
steel wheel option (available from Mopar parts, not from the factory)
Sponsored